diy solar

diy solar

24v inverter recommendations

pda1

I would like recommendations for a 24v inverter for my off-grid 1kw system.

The inverter will be fed by Battle Born LFP batteries (two 12v 100ah in series making them 24v 100ah)

It would be nice if I could have the inverter a little more powerful than 2400w so the inverter isn't pushed too hard.

A remote shutoff sounds good too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

I would like recommendations for a 24v inverter for my off-grid 1kw system.

The inverter will be fed by Battle Born LFP batteries (two 12v 100ah in series making them 24v 100ah)

It would be nice if I could have the inverter a little more powerful than 2400w so the inverter isn't pushed too hard.

A remote shutoff sounds good too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter
2 battleborns in series can deliver about 100 amps continuous.
100 dc amps * 24 volts low cutoff * .85 conversion factor = 2040 ac watts.
That indicates a 2000 watt inverter.
Inverters are typically sized 2000, 2200, 2400 and 3000 continous watts.

Do you require hardwire capability?
Do you require built in charger?
Do you require built in transfer switch?

2 battleborns in series can deliver about 100 amps continuous.
100 dc amps * 24 volts low cutoff * .85 conversion factor = 2040 ac watts.
That indicates a 2000 watt inverter.
Inverters are typically sized 2000, 2200, 2400 and 3000 continous watts.

Do you require hardwire capability?
Do you require built in charger?
Do you require built in transfer switch?
No built in charger

Maybe transfer switch depending upon cost, reliability and how much power it consumes.

By "hardwire" do you mean the ability to connect it to an AC subpanel? That would be nice but I'm not against just
feeding a small AC subpanel using a plug into the inverters receptacle.

No built in charger

Maybe transfer switch depending upon cost, reliability and how much power it consumes.

By "hardwire" do you mean the ability to connect it to an AC subpanel? That would be nice but I'm not against just
feeding a small AC subpanel using a plug into the inverters receptacle.

This one doesn't have a transfer switch.
I have the 1500 watt version of this.

Very nice inverters but too expensive.

$450 or less is what I had in mind.

This one doesn't have a transfer switch.
I have the 1500 watt version of this.
? I’m running that Samlex pst 2000 24v on one 24v 100ah battery and I love it.
Doesn’t even break a sweat running the microwave and coffee maker or even the vacuum. Samlex dependability and quality was worth the $600 it ran. Spending a little more is always worth the peace of mind. ✌️

Wait you bought some of the most expensive batteries, but you now want to cheap out on the inverter?

When the budget only allows for one or the other... not everyone can afford a complete Life/Victron/Cadillac system.
Batteries, in my life, are the weak link in all that I have ever done. Dead batteries are the sad commentary of my life. That said, I'm satisfied with my decisions and any loads that the batteries or inverter will be subject to will be small- probably no more than 400 watts for a short period of time (a few minutes). Most of the time my loads will be around 90 watts and that for only 2 or 3 hours. Yes, I could have spend $800 to $900 on an inverter but time will tell if my lower cost inverter was as good as the higher priced ones. The $600 Samlex now costs about $800 on Amazon.

Everyone has a budget for their build, it’s def fun picking and choosing where to spend the money and where you can save it.

Enjoy the new inverter report back how you enjoy it.

Batteries, in my life, are the weak link in all that I have ever done. Dead batteries are the sad commentary of my life. That said, I'm satisfied with my decisions and any loads that the batteries or inverter will be subject to will be small- probably no more than 400 watts for a short period of time (a few minutes). Most of the time my loads will be around 90 watts and that for only 2 or 3 hours. Yes, I could have spend $800 to $900 on an inverter but time will tell if my lower cost inverter was as good as the higher priced ones. The $600 Samlex now costs about $800 on Amazon.
Quick search on the pst 24v pst 2000 ✌️
Free shipping

C13428F1-5B82-4030-B40A-E40586216BF5.png

growatt/mpp 3kw unit. As your electrical demands grow (which they will) it will be able to keep up. Offers great expandablity with both the amount of PV it will handle as well as charging batteries from generator.

Am I reading this ones description correctly in that it will also charge the battery(ies)? Small ability at 50A but still....
It has a 70 amp ac2dc charger integrated.
In addition it can also pass through and top off 50 amps from another dc charge source.

It has a 70 amp ac2dc charger integrated.
In addition it can also pass through and top off 50 amps from another dc charge source.
My brain is not doing well this am - can I put small PV panels to it for the DC charge source? If so, this is perfect for my second / backup setup.

Back