diy solar

diy solar

24v inverter with a high voltage range - Cotek or Go Power?

runforfun7

Hello,

I am looking for a 24v pure sine wave inverter that can handle about 33v on the high side. I have seen some from Cotek that seem to have that range, but saw posts on here about Cotek being a bad option due to some recent change with them. The AIMS inverters seem to put the limit at 32v and I really would like to see up to 33v. I have seen some from Go Power with that range, but it looks identical to the Cotek, so kind of wondering if they really are the same. I need one that can handle 1000w load for a few hours at a time. Was shooting for 1500 or 2000 watt inverter to give a little headroom as running any at max never seems to workout well.

Thanks for any suggestions on this.

Why are you wishing to get as high as 33 Volts? I ask because I once had this problem but realized it was not necessary to charge that high. So I curious as to your situation.

Thanks for the reply.

I actually stumbled across the 1500 watt version of that Samlex one you posted. It costs a bit more, but seems to be the best that I have run across. I am getting the batteries below from Battery Hookup, which are 8s Li-Ion batteries. I bought 1 already to test it some. Full change is 33.6 volts, but charging to 33 volts should get most of the watt hours from them. I tested from a 32 volt charge and pulled 175 watt hours from roughly a 220 wh pack. Was hoping to get close to 33 volts to pull a bit more and try to hit 200 wr or more per battery. Going to wire 12 of these in parallel to power the inverter.

Have you purchased any Samlex inverters and used them? Having to go off of Amazon reviews and a few others here and there so far.

I have 2 Samlex inverters Both are excellent no complaints at all. I also have a Relaible energy (wzrlb) inverter it flickers the lights where the Samlex do not. Yes with 12 in parallel every watt will add up. Good luck please report how it works

That's great! I'm getting the 1500 Samlex then. Sounds to be the better built one and more likely to be able to handle the higher voltage. I know a 7s battery would work a lot better, but those already built 8s packs are easier to get it together quickly in time for an event mid-October I hope take it to and use to power some devices. Thanks again! I'll report back on voltage tolerance once the batter gets here. I feel once the batteries get a fair load, the voltage drop should make it better on the inverter, just getting it started will be the fun part with that upper number.

I have 2 Samlex inverters Both are excellent no complaints at all. I also have a Relaible energy (wzrlb) inverter it flickers the lights where the Samlex do not. Yes with 12 in parallel every watt will add up. Good luck please report how it works
I got the Samlex inverter and man is this thing a beast! Having to come up with a way included it in a case. However, I did a test with 6 of those batteries in parallel that were sitting at 32.9 volts. Powered the Samlex on and no error and plugged in a 40 watt soldering iron into it and it came on with no issues. Pulls about 0.5 amps turned on but nothing plugged in to the inverter. Thought roughly 15 watts standby was pretty good. Wish it was a little smaller, but can't complain about the performance so far and and being able to accommodate that higher voltage from these batteries.

Back