diy solar

diy solar

24v milk crate

LearningIt

Could someone follow this milk crate example for a 24v battery system, with a 24v inverter and the drok AC charger power supply set to 28.8v?

When would you use the basic fixed voltage AC charger power supply like here and when would you use a dedicated lifepo4 charger? The latter if not connected to a SCC?

I built one really similar to the one you linked, except at 24 volts:

I did not install a power supply, so I just charge mine off the SCC. If wanted to recharge from 120 VAC, I would install the DROK powere supply.

Thank you for the link. I'm thinking of making the crate with a 24v DC-240v AC split phase inverter, so I can use the 120v or connect it to my (US NA 240v split phase) service panel, through a properly isolated generator inlet and panel interlock (or transfer switch) of course.

There is a big jump in price and lower availability between a 24-240 inverter with and without split phase support. The basic ones supporting split phase I have found include:

Many of the devices that claim to support 240V split phase (Like the MPP and the Growatts) really require two of them connected in parallel, AFAIK.

I don't understand why I can find an inverter gas generator more powerful than these basic inverters for the same or lower price.

It looks like I am not the only one looking for a way to feed battery power to US 240/120 split phase.
There are inverters that do this obviously, but there is a big jump in price (and probably quality) to support split phase.

What if...you use a 120V pure sine wave inverter connected to one leg of the panel and to neutral, with a generator inlet, the interlock to disconnect the main breakers, the 240V circuit breakers turned off, and an inverter that does not drive -60V on the neutral (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/6...120vac-psw-inverter-is-this-a-hazard.28561/)?

Could you safely operate those circuits that were on that 120v leg?

How can you tell which 120v inverters are NOT +60/-60?

The easiest thing is just to get a Growatt or MPP e.g. but I am curious about this. It would just be for emergency use, possibly even without panels and an SCC, just batteries, charger and inverter.

Back