diy solar

diy solar

24v mppsolar unit wiring

Warz

when wiring the 24v mppsolar unit in my RV I ran a dedicated wire from the RV main panel on a dedicated 30a breaker to the mppsolar unit.
How do i run my output to power the RV in the off grid(camping) to power all the RV appliances microwave, hvac,etc, the output of the mppt unit has multi female plugs that i assume is #12 and wiring it back to the main panel to power all 120v appliances would not handle them do i have to run a #12 wire from mppt output to each big draw appliance in hvac,microwave,? How do i do this?
Thanks
Ernie

Hello Ernie.
Your mpp solar is meant to charge a battery, all the loads are connected on the battery too, if they are 24V DC.
Too power the 110V AC loads, you need to transform 24V DC with the use of a pure sine inverter. You need to size the complete installation to match the power needed by the loads, the microwave, hvac ect. Fuses are a good start.
You should read around in the forum, you will find answers for everything.
When you find a thread talking about topics intersting for your case, you can jump in and ask questions.

Hello Ernie.
Your mpp solar is meant to charge a battery, all the loads are connected on the battery too, if they are 24V DC.
Too power the 110V AC loads, you need to transform 24V DC with the use of a pure sine inverter. You need to size the complete installation to match the power needed by the loads, the microwave, hvac ect. Fuses are a good start.
You should read around in the forum, you will find answers for everything.
When you find a thread talking about topics intersting for your case, you can jump in and ask questions.
You completely read my question wrong.
I have the mppsolar 110v 24v DC unit it has a 2700w built in pure sign inverter built in.
So forget it,I'll find it myself.

Hello capt.
I don't know if he found out, but if I understand the question now, He wants to know the needed wire gauge. I=p/v 2700/110=~25amp. The fuse 30A is ok. If we follow the rules of 5A for 1 sqmm, 30/5=6 minimum witch is close to 9gauge cable. 12gauge is close to 3.3 sqmm, 15amp max or 110v 1600w.
for the battery side, 2700w/27v=100A. 20 sqmm, or 4 gauge. With 24V: 3 gauge, because 2700/24=112.5/5=22.5 sqmm and 4 gauge is only 21.5 sqmm. Of course bigger is better, some limits are how much do you want to pay, the weight you want to carry, and the room you dispose of.
I hope it helps.
see you.

Back