diy solar

diy solar

24V travel trailer with 50A power and 400W solar wiring help please

@HighTechLab do you know how the MP2 2x120 handles the phase change when 50amp shore power goes away?
L1 and L2 both would be powered but they would be in phase. So voltage from L1 to L2 would be 0v and L1 or L2 to N would be 120v

When presented with 50a service, L1 and l2 pass through, charging current is drawn from L1

1674331015322.png

L1 and L2 both would be powered but they would be in phase. So voltage from L1 to L2 would be 0v and L1 or L2 to N would be 120v

When presented with 50a service, L1 and l2 pass through, charging current is drawn from L1
I think OP is concerned about the phase transition from L2 bypass to L2 being bridged to L1 when the shore power is disconnected.

I think OP is concerned about the phase transition from L2 bypass to L2 being bridged to L1 when the shore power is disconnected.
It will miss a couple of cycles in between, as the transition is done by a mechanical double-throw relay from grid to L1 and it takes a brief time to travel in between the two throws.

as it looks like they will switch both legs internally to 120v when the inverter comes on, and if that changes the phase they are in, can ruin the A/C unit
Run the AC on L1 and you would never have an issue.

Run the AC on L1 and you would never have an issue.
There will be 2 A/Cs. I'm just not planning to install the 2nd one yet. We have figured out how to wire this. We only need a regular Multiplus, not the 220v version. I don't really need split phase, I just need two 110v legs. The regular MultiPlus has 2 outputs, one that is kept on when using battery, and one that is not. We will bypass the MultiPlus altogether for the 2nd 110v leg incoming from shore power when plugged into 50A, and we will put the other A/C on the switched leg. That way, A/C will not work at all when not plugged in to shore power, only one will work when plugged into 30A or generator power, and both will work when plugged into a 50A outlet.

Just trying to figure out what else I do or do not need. I already have a 24V to 12V converter. I'll need a wired Surge Protector, battery, and transfer switch for shore/generator power.

Back