diy solar

diy solar

280 ah cells $1.50 per ah

Not sure but they look like rewrapped ETC cells to me. The PVC wrap is lousy and those don't look like manufacturer QR codes to me...Hmmm

Varicore is a rebrand/reseller. They seem to buy and sell cells from different manufacturers. I know they have sold EVE in the past, I think maybe ETC or CATL too. I've never paid that much attention to them but I get the impression they buy whatever is a good deal on Alibaba at the time and resell on Aliexpress for a small markup under their own name.

Although I just noticed the seller from the link is not Varicore

Last edited:
It seems odd that someone buying the best deals around gets cells that are all over 280Ah at a time 280Ah seem hard to come by.
What makes you think that they would all be over 280Ah?
I suspect they aren't getting anything different than we are.
Like many resellers on Ali and Ebay, I assume they just call anything near 280, 280. If they are ETC cells like Gazoo mentioned, they would be 277Ah rated capacity. Who knows what they would test out to.

What makes you think that they would all be over 280Ah?
I suspect they aren't getting anything different than we are.
Like many resellers on Ali and Ebay, I assume they just call anything near 280, 280. If they are ETC cells like Gazoo mentioned, they would be 277Ah rated capacity. Who knows what they would test out to.
I was talking about the ones Will tested. They had the same trademark.
And his all tested over 280Ah.
I don't see many others on this site claiming to get over 280Ah no matter where they bought them

Reactions: Dzl
I was talking about the ones Will tested. They had the same trademark.
And his all tested over 280Ah.
I don't see many others on this site claiming to get over 280Ah no matter where they bought them
Ah okay, now I see.
Possibly luck of the draw, possibly the name "Will Prowse" listed on an invoice might motivate the seller to spend a little extra time making sure the cells are up to spec before shipping them out. ;)

But, I do recall hearing a few people who bought Lishen cells mention they got >280Ah tested capacity. I still think its too soon to draw broad conclusions with the Lishen's until more people start posting test results, as things stand right now, a batch of 4 testing above 280 isn't that surprising to me, but I also wouldn't count on it.

Back