diy solar

diy solar

280 and larger 320ah cells all seem sto have the same physical dimensions, why?

rplarry

I need to replace 2 low cells in my 48v 310ah diy bank, and in looking for replacements I notice that most all 280ah cells and larger are all the same physical dimensions. 72mm x 173mm x 208 mm. So my question is are they all basically 280 ah cells and some test better than others so they sell them at a premium? Also some cells are listed as 302 or 304ah. Just curious how they come up with these numbers other than doing a capacity test. The 16 cells I bought originally were advertised as 310ah but with in a few months I didn't seem to be getting that much from them so I paid more attention to my JBD bms and found 2 cells that were noticeably lower than the others causing the bms to shut off at 280ah of usage.

The CALB 302 ah cells and the Eve 304 ah cells are real. The "310-320 ah" cells are not, they're just advertising hype. They're lower rated cells being sold at false specifications.

There is a slight difference between 280 and 304 ah cells. From what I recall on a YT video (I think it was on Off-Grid-Garage), the 304 are slightly taller (like 1 cm).

Thanks guys, that pretty much confirms my suspicions. Another newb falls for the hype. Live and learn.

Back