diy solar

diy solar

280AH Cells ordered.

jasonhc73

Cat herder, and dog toy tosser.

2020-10-21.png
FYI, 64 cells in a 48V setup. 51.2V Nominal at 280ah = 51.2x280x4=57 kWh
$5398 total, with trade assurance, shipping, everything. = $5398/57 kWh = $ 94.13 per kWh, DELIVERED.

Last edited:
Why would you dox yourself like that? C'mon, people. It's bad enough probably 99% of you post photos without wiping metadata.

Why would you dox yourself like that? C'mon, people. It's bad enough probably 99% of you post photos without wiping metadata.
If you want to send me a happy meal go right ahead. ?

I'm hardly concerned about people knowing where I live.

Why? Why would you bother to point this out? Most people don't even know what you're talking about, and don't care.
You are the reason Snowden cries himself to sleep IN RUSSIA every night.

You are the reason Snowden cries himself to sleep IN RUSSIA every night.
Yep. Exactly. Actually, I sent him an email the other day with location coded images showing him where I was. He unfriended me on Facebook. It sucked.

If you think that the various and sundry Russian hacker teams that specialize in this stuff don't have YOUR info already, you're fooling yourself. The only reason they haven't stolen your identity or credit cards already is because you don't fit their profile. You aren't protecting yourself, you're just deluding yourself. Freaking everyone else out over it is disingenuous.

It's so painfully sad that not only is privacy so absolutely unimportant and dead to people, that there are actually people out there who would shame and degrade others for bringing to light simple, everyday things people can do to help keep what vestiges of privacy they still have.

It's so painfully sad that not only is privacy so absolutely unimportant and dead to people, that there are actually people out there who would shame and degrade others for bringing to light simple, everyday things people can do to help keep what vestiges of privacy they still have.
You know, I'm sorry. I'm really not trying to shame you or your efforts. They are admirable. That said, the delivery of your message about the importance of privacy was, in fact, shaming and degrading. Had you simply said something like: "You know, it's really important to save your images so that they don't contain location info. Otherwise, you're compromising your personal privacy on a public forum", I would have moved right along and probably given the post a like. Instead, you said:

"Why would you dox yourself like that? C'mon, people. It's bad enough probably 99% of you post photos without wiping metadata.",

throwing shade at everyone without actually providing any good info.

Words matter. It's really hard to convey things like sarcasm in text posts on a public forum. I fully support educating people about the importance of privacy, but assuming they're just dumb when you post doesn't do that. It alienates people.

And yes, I do care about my privacy and protecting it. So should everyone else.

No argument there, you're absolutely right! My nature and general intent has always been of good-will, however, my delivery has always been less-than-stellar! What can I say, I'm an A-hole! I'm working on it (forever)! When I was a lot younger than I am now (<35) I often used to think about becoming a Drill Instructor... I really think I could have excelled in that field..

Cheers!

I should order another set. Maybe I'll have the 16 I received charged up by the time they arrive. I pumped 10 ama into them all weekend and they went from 3.295 to 3.31 volts. This may take a year of weekends, I'm only home on weekends. I don't trust these chinese power supplies to run when I'm not home. I ordered 1 and it blew immediatly, they sent me another and it never worked. It did however have to diode the first one blew so I unsoldered it and fixed my origional. I didn't even want to ask for another

I should order another set. Maybe I'll have the 16 I received charged up by the time they arrive. I pumped 10 ama into them all weekend and they went from 3.295 to 3.31 volts. This may take a year of weekends, I'm only home on weekends. I don't trust these chinese power supplies to run when I'm not home. I ordered 1 and it blew immediatly, they sent me another and it never worked. It did however have to diode the first one blew so I unsoldered it and fixed my origional. I didn't even want to ask for another

You could get a used manual 50 to 100 A car battery charger with voltage regulator. That should do the trick for 80% of the charge.

I would be interested to see how you are setting these up 1 pack or multiples and bms that you plan to use.
Thank you

Back