280ah cells

VanLife Jake

When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade...
I have see some in the US through Aliexpress but you will pay double the price.
Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to get a feel for what the price is? or what it should be?
When you say double the price are you talking about roughly 800.00 USD for 4 cells?
I see them on alibaba for 75USD to 100USD per cell. but, the shipping time is at least 30 days or more.
There are also some showing up on Amazon for around 800.00 USD per 4 cells.

Txglader

Watson Watts
Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to get a feel for what the price is? or what it should be?
When you say double the price are you talking about roughly 800.00 USD for 4 cells?
I see them on alibaba for 75USD to 100USD per cell. but, the shipping time is at least 30 days or more.
There are also some showing up on Amazon for around 800.00 USD per 4 cells.
If you have the Aliexpress app, you can click on filters, then select ships from US. Then search for the cells. Didn't look at the brand but saw some in the $650 range.

mmdb

Solar Enthusiast
If you have the Aliexpress app, you can click on filters, then select ships from US. Then search for the cells. Didn't look at the brand but saw some in the $650 range.
How do you filter this ? Can you filter Europe ...I have Alix app but can't find it

Txglader

Watson Watts
Once you search for an item, you should see a filter icon at the top right. Click it then you should see a ship from filter. If your area is not listed, then none of those items is no warehouse with stock in your area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201220-110309_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20201220-110309_AliExpress.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20201220-110316_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20201220-110316_AliExpress.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 8

Sillyputty

Solar Addict
Update on the 4 - 280AH cells purchased via Michael Caro / Dongguan Lightning New Energy ordered on October 23:

FedEx has received them as of 12/23 in Carson, CA with no delivery date available yet.

Rogerb

Knows just enough to be dangerous to himself
Real happy with my purchase of 32 via @Michael B Caro. UPS delivered to my door the evening of the 24th, after showing UPS received on the 19th.
Ordered on Oct 29th, and Michael had an UPS tracking number to me Nov 20th. 😁😁😁

Attachments

• 20201231_154656.jpg
    20201231_154656.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20201231_154953.jpg
    20201231_154953.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 33

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
I am glad they arrived in good shape! Nearly all of my shipments have, with only 2 so far showing any shipping damage (one I have already taken care of and in the process of getting satisfaction for the other).
I am working on getting tracking numbers a lot fast than you got yours, and cutting down shipping times every way I can as well.
Have fun with your cells and let me know if can help you with anything else.

WA5IDX

Solar Enthusiast
Michael - Thanks for your efforts on behalf of forum members. Very much appreciated.

Have a Happy New Year (eve anyway).

Cheers, Dw

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
Real happy with my purchase of 32 via @Michael B Caro. UPS delivered to my door the evening of the 24th, after showing UPS received on the 19th.
Ordered on Oct 29th, and Michael had an UPS tracking number to me Nov 20th. 😁😁😁
I wanted to mention that Roger and I worked very well together. When he initially ordered, shipping to Canada was restricted to one channel, and that channel was VERY expensive. So we had his order shipped to me, and I was going t reship it to him.
Just after I received the order, the other shipping channels to Canada were opened up again, and so it was going to be far less expensive to have his cells shipped to him from China instead of me reshipping the ones he ordered and had shipped to me. At the same time, I had several people wanting to buy cells that were already in the states, but I didn't want to sell all the ones I ordered to have on hand in case someone had shipping damage or something.
I suggested to Roger that we reorder for him and have them drop shipped directly to him as it would save him a lot of money and agreed to place agreed to that plan and pumped his order up from 20 cells 32 cells given the new much cheaper total price per cell.. I applied what he had paid for his first order to his second order, and took ownership of his cells that were shipped to me.
A win for Roger and a win for me as I could then accommodate some guys that wanted cells shipped from within the states in order to get them faster.
I sounds a lot more convoluted than it was LOL.

carbon60

Solar Enthusiast
Hi @Michael B Caro ,

What is the current pricing for the 280aH cells, shipped to Canada? I have a project coming online in May that needs a 24V battery. If the prices are good, a friend wants in on it as well.

Thanks,

A.

Phoebus

Hi @Michael B Caro ,

What is the current pricing for the 280aH cells, shipped to Canada? I have a project coming online in May that needs a 24V battery. If the prices are good, a friend wants in on it as well.

Thanks,

A.
Just order 16 ship to Quebec and it cost me 2156 $can (1676$us) that was for 272ah

schmism

Solar Addict
An update on my cells. I was included in the Nov13 2020 order that Michael placed. 2 of 5 showed up today, the other 3 are expected tomorrow. Tracking number provided on 11/16 did not show any updates until 1/6. (which essentially means it was on slow boat from 11/16 to 1/6)

Oddly enough the 2 boxes I got contained 5 cells. there was a "big box" with 3 (clearly could hold 4 but had extra padding) and a box that held 2 with extra pad on top including the hardware and buss bars.

I guess i should expect 3 more "big" boxes with 4,4,and 3 cells.

Last edited:

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
An update on my cells. I was included in the Nov13 2020 order that Michael placed. 2 of 5 showed up today, the other 3 are expected tomorrow. Tracking number provided on 11/16 did not show any updates until 1/6. (which essentially means it was on slow boat from 11/16 to 1/6)

Oddly enough the 2 boxes I got contained 5 cells. there was a "big box" with 3 (clearly could hold 4 but had extra padding) and a box that held 2 with extra pad on top including the hardware and buss bars.

I guess i should expect 3 more "big" boxes with 4,4,and 3 cells.
Now that is some strange packing numbers. Never heard of them doing 5 in a box before.