diy solar

diy solar

280ah eve cell max peak discharge rate

timmeh

Hey. I tried to find an answer in the threads but no luck.

I know the 280ah eve cells are rated 1c continuous but is there a peak discharge rating for a small period of time? Could they handle 400a for say 30 seconds without damage?

Thanks.

well, they can probably put out over 10000Amps for a short period of time...its called a "short" hehe

some manufacturers do provide a "Peak Discharge Current" spec, the problem with this is what constitutes a "peak" unit of time.
I would never think of 30seconds as a small unit of time when it comes to electrical loads, maybe 2seconds, but not 30.
If you need to have a large "burst" capacity consider using some supercapacitors in parallel, they are great for that!!

well, they can probably put out over 10000Amps for a short period of time...its called a "short" hehe

some manufacturers do provide a "Peak Discharge Current" spec, the problem with this is what constitutes a "peak" unit of time.
I would never think of 30seconds as a small unit of time when it comes to electrical loads, maybe 2seconds, but not 30.
If you need to have a large "burst" capacity consider using some supercapacitors in parallel, they are great for that!!
Tempted on supercaps. Put simply my if all my circuits are at max and my inverter is running at surge 2x rating i will hit almost 400a. will never happen but i guess being ocd i'm trying to ensure the battery can handle it for as long as it would take for the inverter to cut out or fuses blow. my main fuse is 400a for wire protection and i have a 400a bms which should handle over 400a for a short burst. just looking at the batteries.

Back