diy solar

diy solar

280Ah EVE cells from Shenzhen Qishou Technology

gypagacs

Good morning Everyone,
Quite new here, and I would like to ask for some advice / opinion from the community.

I am in the process setting up an off grid solar system. I am planning to use 32 pieces of 280 Ah EVE batteries, with two banks of 16 pieces. I am planning to use Seplos BMS system, mainly because they promise compatibility with several ready-made battery systems. ( https://www.seplos.com/sale-1370706...ttery-smart-monitoring-management-system.html )

My current to be battery supplier is Amy from Shenzhen Qishou Technology Limited, amy@qisocell.com . , and the product is “US EU!!Brand New EVE brand 280AH 280K 6000 cycles lifepo4 battery”. After some iterations we agreed upon $104 per piece price plus $656 for shipment to Hungary . The package would include the bus bars . She promised the this price will include all tax and VAT to my country.

This package seemed promising to me. But after following the advice from this forum I asked for “ spread sheet form EVE that shows the capacity, all 3 volt readings and all 3 ohm readings for the cells including their case ID”. The price changed to 128 / pcs.

I am wondering wether the batteries in the original offer were not grade A, and requesting a test data She has to deliver the real grade A cells, or do they really have further costs ( 25% !! ) getting it from EVE ?

Any advice appreciated,
Regards, George

Hi George. I have also been talking to Amy at Shenzhen Qishou. I asked her for a quote on the 304ah cells and it was $10 higher than the $110-120 range advertised on Alibaba. This put me in a grump, so I sulked for a few days before asking her why her quoted price was outside the advertised range. She replied that the price was rising all the time, and by the way she was now out of stock. So I wish I had just accepted her price and placed an order - or at least not wasted a few days sulking!

Anyway, I'd guess your price rise also reflects tight supply.

Hi George. I have also been talking to Amy at Shenzhen Qishou. I asked her for a quote on the 304ah cells and it was $10 higher than the $110-120 range advertised on Alibaba. This put me in a grump, so I sulked for a few days before asking her why her quoted price was outside the advertised range. She replied that the price was rising all the time, and by the way she was now out of stock. So I wish I had just accepted her price and placed an order - or at least not wasted a few days sulking!

Anyway, I'd guess your price rise also reflects tight supply.
Just a note on Qishou. I requested certification on the batteries and was sent a fake CE certificate.
I don't know if this was fraudulent behaviour on purpose or what, just be warning.

In case you wondered you did good and got lucky!

I ordered 8 EVE280ah cells with welded studs from Amy back on 3/April/22 arrived in Netherlands on 14/June/2022
All cells look Brand New it was well packaged and included the buzz bars and nuts.
Only just finished doing the top balance and doing a capacity test on a single cell as we speak. Will also do two additional capacity tests once I have attached the overkill BMS just waiting for the 4AWG ring terminals to arrive so I can cut the cables to length and not have excess.

All the barcodes checked out with most having a production date of 12/NOV/2021 2 having 24/DEC/2021 and 1 07/JAN/2022
Volts across all the cells were around 3.31v per cell and almost identical resistance across all the cells. I paid around €128 per cell. Not sure how they get them into the EU but I didn't have to pay any additional TAX

These will be used as two 12v batteries on my boat one to run the house lights and electronics and the other attached to solar panel to run the chargers that keep the bow thruster and start battery charged. As I have no shore power near the boat

Just a note on Qishou. I requested certification on the batteries and was sent a fake CE certificate.
I don't know if this was fraudulent behaviour on purpose or what, just be warning.
Andy at the Off-grid Garage has an interesting post on this topic here.

In the end I placed an order with Amy Wan at Shenzhen Luyan, not least because Shenzhen Qishou never got back to me to say they had any cells. Amy Wan sent spreadsheet test data on each cell, including the QR code, which I can cross check with the stickers on the cells when they arrive.

I've had 8 of these. production dates all december '21
They come nice and reasonably balanced. Now charging as a pack and I'm delighted to see there isn't one cell ahead or behind (highest and lowest cell keep changing all the time so all in order).
Differences are minimal, 3.373V as lowest and 3.379V as highest!Next will be breaking up the setup and doing a real top balance with a 3.65v charger.

Try and do a pack capacity test if I can find the means, of not it will just be top balanced once and sit in my Victron ESS system.

I picked Shenzhen Qishou Technology Limited because they had good reviews on several sites and have a 7+ years alibaba history with a lot of sales.

Man man, the amount of offers i got after sending a query out on alibaba...

Back