diy solar

diy solar

280ah - Shenzhen Youngpower Technology?

solardad

Solar Enthusiast
Hi - Has anyone ordered from this company - Shenzhen Youngpower Technology?

I received a quote of $77 per 280ah cell if I buy 64.
Price includes busbars, shipping via sea to US is $800.
This works out something like $107/kWH when you include shipping.

Andy Chen is the primary contact that I have been going back and forth and he has answered all my questions with the "right" answer.

- good return policy for damaged cells
- all cells are grade a, new with bar codes
- etc..

attached is the spec. sheet for the cells.

Link to the cells on Alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/new-lifepo4-battery-cells-60ah-80ah_62455514995.html

Thanks!

Attachments

• 280ah 3 2v lifepo4 battery.pdf
    112 KB · Views: 11
I looked at their A3Power.com website, not much info and NOTHING listed for the large cells. Focused on E-Bike relate stuff mostly.
The Alibaba site only shows up to 200AH cells. I see no 280AH cells listed in teh regular website or main web pages on Alibaba.
Did find ONE listing for the 280AH's here from them below: They are listing cells at 86.20 USD ea.
XUBA cells are Genuine EVE's and they provide EVE docs with them. Known GOOD vendor and $84.79 ea.

@Steve_S Ironically I did get a quote from XUBA but their shipping cost by sea to New Hampshire were more than 2x what I received from a few other vendors, $1948 vs $800~$950 (for 66 cells).

I'll try them again and highlight the difference in price to see if it changes.

Holy Crap ! that's quite a bit of coin difference for shipping. My last shipment of things from Amy was sent via DHL but the "broker agent" that takes the packages and does the paperwork screwed up - I did not buy an Electric Scooter for $1400 but that's what's on the paperwork and as you can imagine Customs went stooooopid !

I don't know what the arrangements are for companies & shipping and if they have different "broker agents" or if Alibaba handles that part and how that works, I'd imagine the company hires a shipping agent to handle that end of it and it goes from there. I believe it would be prudent to tell Amy that and even give her a copy of the quote, she should be able to price match BUT it would also provide ammo to get a new Agent to handle their shipping, they & the customers are getting the shaft.

I do know that shipping is a bit different through AlieExpess and DHGate and so on but again I think the vendors there are using similar broker agents.

Their spec doc you linked is a shortened form of the EVE, looks like they are probably the same cells?

Is it the same class of shipping, where they handle any paperwork or taxes?

Their spec doc you linked is a shortened form of the EVE, looks like they are probably the same cells?

Is it the same class of shipping, where they handle any paperwork or taxes?

Supposedly yes, door to door. Waiting on an official invoice to review.

Hello,

I am/was communicating with this seller about what he indicated was new, grade A, CALB L173F176 cells. The price seemed good, but when he sent me a picture of a cell, it did not correspond at all to the drawing in the CALB datasheet. Even though I could show clearly that the terminals were in a completely different position, he remained adamant that CALB "confirmed" both the photos and the drawing from the datasheet. He stated that the differences between the photos and the drawing from the datasheet were due to "visual effects issues". I am attaching photos below.

Until the seller resolves the reason for this mismatch, I am not transferring any money. Please judge for yourself - I'd be happy to hear comments from the community.

Dimensions (top) from CALB L173F176 datasheet:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-11 um 14.02.19.png
Photo as sent by "Youngpower":

7B27F93A-646C-4073-91FD-FC7FE3364508_L0_001.jpg
微信图片_20200511180755.jpg
The exact same picture as the above also appeared on a different seller page

My comparison. I did not introduce any "visual effects" apart from side-by-side positioning and perspective correction in the second picture:

compare CALB and other battery.jpg
compare CALB L173F176 微信图片_20200511180755.jpg

My comparison. I did not introduce any "visual effects" apart from side-by-side positioning and perspective correction in the second picture:

View attachment 13001
❗ RED FLAG ALERT ❗ Visual Effect ? seriously...
KISS Applied... RUN avoid a vendor who is so openly deceptive and not even smart enough to realize they are showing two different products and using the lamest excuses.... Makes me think of some lunatic politicians running about these days.

We have many GOOD vendors that are being dealt with here, Xuba, Donghuan Light, RJ and others and several have been phookered by some dealers. This to me sounds like a Phooker Dealers.

Please post links to the product & vendor so we can be aware.

Thanks for your comments. I have just made a report of suspicious activity to alibaba.com. This is the vendor site:

https://3ainternational.en.alibaba.com/

This is the product page:

https://3ainternational.en.alibaba....tml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.8.b81c5f4araoM9b

Upon my complaint, the seller states "the data sheet i have send you is right, pic is right, CALB say your pic is not their 176ah cells." He now offers me to give me his contact from CALB, and wants to discuss on wechat...

Of course you are right - "buyer beware" is always true. I am happy to receive links to reliable companies offering 176Ah or 152Ah batteries in stock. I chatted with Xuba and Haomi - neither have them in stock, so I tried potential alternatives.

@anschluss
I got a CALB quote from Shenzen Mushang Electronics. Here is the link to the company:
If you are interested I can look up the details on the CALB quote. I corresponded with someone about my initial interest in some CATL cells which had a very good price. I know CATL to be the biggest manufacturer and a new supplier to Tesla in China so that is what piqued my interest. The salesperson told me the cells on their listing were used and she said all the new CATL cells were going to OEMs and suggested that I shouldn't buy used cells. She suggested if I wanted good quality new cells I should consider CALBS. That was a bit of an upsell but I am used to that from my Chinese wife so no problem. Everything else she told me rang true.
The price per kWh was less than I could get them from CALB USA but still more than I had budgeted for my pack upgrade. I decided to take a chance on the generic (EVE) cells like Xuba is selling.

I am just offering this if you are interested in CALB cells. The sales lady was responsive and told me flat out that she knew the US market and this was better than any thing I could get. I recall I got the same response from my Chinese wife when I first met her. I have come to the conclusion that there are many Chinese women out there who have a great deal of self confidence. ;)

Last edited:
Just as a quick reference from others this seller is ........Shenzhen Youngpower Technology Limited ......... and needs to go on the avoid list

That is about the most blatant attempt at deception I have seen yet.

Thank you for your suggestions. I am negotiating with another seller offering CALB cells. I mentioned that I will report on my experience on this forum.

Just as an aside: I am not entirely naïve about buying goods from China. I have had several custom parts made in China and although it takes some time to find them, there are indeed trustworthy manufacturers offering excellent quality products. One manufacturer even sent representatives to visit me last year completely unrelated to a current order. It was extremely interesting to talk about things with the guests from the perspective of a medium-size Chinese factory.

@anschluss
I got a CALB quote from Shenzen Mushang Electronics. Here is the link to the company:
If you are interested I can look up the details on the CALB quote. I corresponded with someone about my initial interest in some CATL cells which had a very good price. I know CATL to be the biggest manufacturer and a new supplier to Tesla in China so that is what piqued my interest. The salesperson told me the cells on their listing were used and she said all the new CATL cells were going to OEMs and suggested that I shouldn't buy used cells. She suggested if I wanted good quality new cells I should consider CALBS. That was a bit of an upsell but I am used to that from my Chinese wife so no problem. Everything else she told me rang true.
The price per kWh was less than I could get them from CALB USA but still more than I had budgeted for my pack upgrade. I decided to take a chance on the generic (EVE) cells like Xuba is selling.

I am just offering this if you are interested in CALB cells. The sales lady was responsive and told me flat out that she knew the US market and this was better than any thing I could get. I recall I got the same response from my Chinese wife when I first met her. I have come to the conclusion that there are many Chinese women out there who have a great deal of self confidence. ;)
How was your experience with Shenzhen Mushang and the EVE cells? I'm chatting with them about an order for 16 cells.

Back