diy solar

diy solar

280ah VariCore cell needed

One I received is bloated. Anyone have one to sell?
Have you tried compressing a little and putting it thru a couple charge/discharge cycles?
Some folk have had them unbloat with just cycling (I am a low compression, mostly constrain believer so recommend that).

You did not mention any reasons to suspect anything about them being sketchy or dangerous…

And…

Have you tried compressing a little and putting it thru a couple charge/discharge cycles?
Some folk have had them unbloat with just cycling (I am a low compression, mostly constrain believer so recommend that).

You did not mention any reasons to suspect anything about them being sketchy or dangerous…
I have top balanced, discharged and charged back to 3.3 without any issues other than the bloating in this one cell. Capacity test was right at 280ah in each 8s pack I made. So no issues there. Just want to ensure I'm not putting myself at risk of fire or explosion with this single non-conforming cell. Using Overkill Sar 8s BMS on each 24v pack.

I think its safe to use. I would definitely atleast constraint it to keep from further bloating and pulling the terminal off the top.

Back