diy solar

diy solar

$2948 for (32) (280aH)(New) LiFePO4

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil
OK ... so of course I am a glutton for punishment and obviously after kicking over the beehive on my last post -- https://diysolarforum.com/threads/3...red-delivered-by-alithor-new-energy-co.20063/ where i found the batteries for (32) for 3143 i thought - what the hell - its Friday - its a half day -- our high today is going to be 93 - so lets beat this horse to death ---

I was contacted by SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD and offered 32 280aH New Grade batteries .. delivered .. door to door for $2948.

They said that they would guarantee that the batteries were all tested (voltage and resistance) and that it would also include the longer welded 6 mm stud mounts, busbars and nuts. They also said that they would guarantee a 30-45 day delivery.

SOOO being out in the middle of nowhere Texas and not having anything to do when i get off except go back to the housing unit and watch NETFLIX ... I thought that I would reach out to EVE Energy Company in China and see why there was such a difference in pricing that we are seeing here ... some of the vendors on this board are selling (32) for 4444 and some are down to $2198 - so whats the difference ???

SO keeping in mind that my Chinese is the equilivant of DORA speaking Spanish I was kind of happy that the person I was talking to was at least half way fluent in English ...

SO - basically it sot of boils down to a "market grab" - PLUS an over abundance of Lithium (core) surplus ... In about June of 2018 as TESLA announced they were going to make most of their battery stuff in China, Lithium ore producers rushed to deliver more supply, overwhelming the pace of demand and that has continued for the last 2-3 years .... THEN a Chinese Govt forecast in DEC 2020 forecasted that the Lithium prices would rise in March 2021 (which it didn't) and companies bought even more thinking that they needed to stock up when they could -- including EVE ... so now - lots of Lithium stuck under ppl's desks ...

The market plays out this way ..

EVE 3%
LISHEN 3%
BYD 17%
CATL 51%
OTHERS 26%

EVE’s has got to build market share (keeping prices low and sell allot) AND keep the stockholders happy (sell the crap out of them) ... otherwise they are afraid that they will be like the 30 other Lithium companies that existed 2 years ago that got swallowed up. Eve feels that like every other company that unless they have a distinctive edge in their products, they will be forced to exit the battery race - thus their quality has improved drastically over the last 18 months - they have doubled their quality control and testing --AND -- THEY HAVE MADE THEIR BATTERY PRICING MORE ATTRACTIVE to companies like SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD that is using the same business model as EVE and trying to sell as many as they can in order to look attractive to either stockholders or future acquisitions ...

SO - I dropped another order for (32) this morning from this company ... I will let you know -- I got 64 total coming in from 2 separate companies .. both with very low prices ... SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD was at 2948 and the other was at 3142 ...

I am working with a girl by the name of ENYA SHAO at STARMAX.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THESE PPL.... I DON'T GET ANYTHING FREE OR A KICKBACK OR ANYTHING --I MAY GET A BOX OF BRICKS FOR ALL I KNOW... I HAVE HOWEVER GOT A COUPLE OF PROPOSALS FOR MARRIAGE THAT I AM CONSIDERING BUT THATS A DIFFERENT THREAD ...

SOOO with all of that said -- I still do not know of any reason that some are selling for 4444 and some for 2198 (1/2 the price) ... as for me - I'll take the cheapest - test the hell out of them - if they are bad then tell my CCC and get my money back ... BUT talking to Enya - I think that I will be OK ....

1616771319088.png

1616771352640.png

Last edited:
Gee wiz, I wish I had a Pile of Oil Company money to keep playing with cells like you do.... Testing, Evaluating and such, you could start a YT Channel and generate spare bucks for yourself... PLUS having an Attractive Female Engineer doing all of that on YT would be a promo for women to enter into STEM programs as well. TBH, would be great if you could pull $1K per day off YT for video's etc...

Gee wiz, I wish I had a Pile of Oil Company money to keep playing with cells like you do.... Testing, Evaluating and such, you could start a YT Channel and generate spare bucks for yourself... PLUS having an Attractive Female Engineer doing all of that on YT would be a promo for women to enter into STEM programs as well. TBH, would be great if you could pull $1K per day off YT for video's etc...
Great idea.

Thanks for the compliment ...

From the folks that I know that do YT it actually takes a ton of work --

My picture is off of my company ID badge that my mother made me go to the hairdresser and take about 4 hours of makeup and haircut and stuff for that morning and then do the photo in the afternoon ... .. her theory is that they are going to be posting employee pictures at various locations and someone making 12 figures is going to say - HEY THATS THE ONE ... in reality I have not had makeup on for 5 months -- all of my work clothes went from cute little dresses in LAX to now I were blue Dickies (top and bottom) and a canvas belt - a baseball cap that looks like it has gone through a war -- a pair of reflective sunglasses and a pair of steel toed caterpillar boots ... the F-word seems to be a permanent part of my vocabulary now and I now prefer BBQ anything over salad ... it takes me 10 minutes (instead of 1.5 hours) to get up and get out the door in the morning and somehow guys see me and think i am batting for the other team, and girls see me and are scared ... :)

Saving the company a little money on batteries is fun BUT what i really wish was that these BMS producers would ramp up and start making some 24V big boy BMS's that could handle 280-560...

in reality I have not had makeup on for 5 months -- all of my work clothes went from cute little dresses in LAX to now I were blue Dickies (top and bottom) and a canvas belt - a baseball cap that looks like it has gone through a war -- a pair of reflective sunglasses and a pair of steel toed caterpillar boots ... the F-word seems to be a permanent part of my vocabulary now and I now prefer BBQ anything over salad ... it takes me 10 minutes (instead of 1.5 hours) to get up and get out the door in the morning and somehow guys see me and think i am batting for the other team, and girls see me and are scared ...

I'm picturing this as the start of some Japanese Anime where the main character is exploring the world of Oil and Lithium, going after deals to try and find her way in this world. In the end nothing really changes and everyone is happy, but it took a few volumes to get there. ;)

My picture is off of my company ID badge that my mother made me go to the hairdresser and take about 4 hours of makeup and haircut and stuff for that morning and then do the photo in the afternoon ... .. her theory is that they are going to be posting employee pictures at various locations and someone making 12 figures is going to say - HEY THATS THE ONE ... in reality I have not had makeup on for 5 months -- all of my work clothes went from cute little dresses in LAX to now I were blue Dickies (top and bottom) and a canvas belt - a baseball cap that looks like it has gone through a war -- a pair of reflective sunglasses and a pair of steel toed caterpillar boots ... the F-word seems to be a permanent part of my vocabulary now and I now prefer BBQ anything over salad ... it takes me 10 minutes (instead of 1.5 hours) to get up and get out the door in the morning and somehow guys see me and think i am batting for the other team, and girls see me and are scared ... :)

Saving the company a little money on batteries is fun BUT what i really wish was that these BMS producers would ramp up and start making some 24V big boy BMS's that could handle 280-560...
My Dear Ghosty YOU are the Bomb !

My GF, is a Doctor & Medical Uni Prof and so has to live that life and play the part... She is at her best in her Dickies & Greb Workboots with the pony tail out the back of her ball cap... She is not one for "goopage" nor into the overly fluffy princess outfits "city gurls" like. Although I prefer the Marks Work Warehouse work clothes over the Dickies myself, also looks better on her...

Your mother is WISE, any "mug shot" the company may use should be the best you can... Best foot forward right.

The REC will do that, or at least I hope so because to use it.

I was contacted by SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD and offered 32 280aH New Grade batteries .. delivered .. door to door for $2948.
Do you know anything about the terminals they laser welded on the cells terminals? Do they have stainless steel inserts? They look nice.

$3k to China.... You are much braver (or better financed) that I am :) I am a little fuzzy on the math, but is that basically a 27kw pack?

Hear! Hear! I agree to BMS upgrades. But lets face I would like to get in that proposal line, but I am married.

$3k to China.... You are much braver (or better financed) that I am

Plenty of people on this forum (me included) have bought these types cells from China without issues. The key is to make sure you're dealing with a reputable seller - and maybe after @ghostwriter66 gets them we can add another to the list.

Love those terminals, they look to be the bomb. Keep us posted as I'm looking at a possible large purchase in the future.

Regarding big boy BMS, I have ordered a 48V 350A continuous power from Chengdu Heltec Automation Technology through Alibaba, I'm sure they have some big stuff for 24V also.

I think she needs BMSs rated for 500-1000 amps or more to handle 280-560 amps.
The version I have with Continuous 350A have a current limit at 1500A, so you can stress it for a shorter time, they have 350A for 24V batteries also but Im not sure if they have higher current than that.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THESE PPL.... I DON'T GET ANYTHING FREE OR A KICKBACK OR ANYTHING...

TBH, would be great if you could pull $1K per day off YT for video's etc...

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying new things. I would think it would be nice to have a reputable shop to go through to get lithium's which was delivered "the good stuff" so I did not have to worry about a quality.

I made about five career changes along the way and regret none of them. There's a couple of things I tried on the side that never panned out. I think there's nothing wrong with getting a YT channel, but when I taught my fifth graders, they thought they'd make $1k per day off their YouTube channel earning $1 per hit, but none of them made the big time off that; maybe someday though. What I like most is YouTubers who use that as a side to pay for the electric bill for the office. I think that's more realistic.

The version I have with Continuous 350A have a current limit at 1500A, so you can stress it for a shorter time, they have 350A for 24V batteries also but Im not sure if they have higher current than that.
All of the recommendations I have seen around here say to use a BMS rated for double the expected continuous amps.
So, since I never plan to charge or discharge with over 100A I bought a BMS that can handle 200A.
If ghostwriter plans to use 560A it is recommended that she buy a BMS rated to hand 1120A continuous.

Hopefully you will be able to run 350A continuous through that BMS but from what I have read, people who try that have ugly failures.

Back