diy solar

diy solar

$2948 for (32) (280aH)(New) LiFePO4

Mine went . Same price. Got 203ah cells. They said no way. I am wrong . Sent picture on the one cell that still had readable qrc. They said I'm still wrong . 2 months later after threatening a charge back , they blame supplier and refunded 150 bucks.
Jackasses.

Mine went . Same price. Got 203ah cells. They said no way. I am wrong . Sent picture on the one cell that still had readable qrc. They said I'm still wrong . 2 months later after threatening a charge back , they blame supplier and refunded 150 bucks.
Jackasses.
When I went to that sight, I found that every posting listed 280Ah in the header but if you looked carefully, they would show a lower amperage in the listing.

Attachments

• 240ah 280ah lfp.png
    240ah 280ah lfp.png
    302.6 KB · Views: 22
OK ... so of course I am a glutton for punishment and obviously after kicking over the beehive on my last post -- https://diysolarforum.com/threads/3...red-delivered-by-alithor-new-energy-co.20063/ where i found the batteries for (32) for 3143 i thought - what the hell - its Friday - its a half day -- our high today is going to be 93 - so lets beat this horse to death ---

I was contacted by SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD and offered 32 280aH New Grade batteries .. delivered .. door to door for $2948.

They said that they would guarantee that the batteries were all tested (voltage and resistance) and that it would also include the longer welded 6 mm stud mounts, busbars and nuts. They also said that they would guarantee a 30-45 day delivery.

SOOO being out in the middle of nowhere Texas and not having anything to do when i get off except go back to the housing unit and watch NETFLIX ... I thought that I would reach out to EVE Energy Company in China and see why there was such a difference in pricing that we are seeing here ... some of the vendors on this board are selling (32) for 4444 and some are down to $2198 - so whats the difference ???

SO keeping in mind that my Chinese is the equilivant of DORA speaking Spanish I was kind of happy that the person I was talking to was at least half way fluent in English ...

SO - basically it sot of boils down to a "market grab" - PLUS an over abundance of Lithium (core) surplus ... In about June of 2018 as TESLA announced they were going to make most of their battery stuff in China, Lithium ore producers rushed to deliver more supply, overwhelming the pace of demand and that has continued for the last 2-3 years .... THEN a Chinese Govt forecast in DEC 2020 forecasted that the Lithium prices would rise in March 2021 (which it didn't) and companies bought even more thinking that they needed to stock up when they could -- including EVE ... so now - lots of Lithium stuck under ppl's desks ...

The market plays out this way ..

EVE 3%
LISHEN 3%
BYD 17%
CATL 51%
OTHERS 26%

EVE’s has got to build market share (keeping prices low and sell allot) AND keep the stockholders happy (sell the crap out of them) ... otherwise they are afraid that they will be like the 30 other Lithium companies that existed 2 years ago that got swallowed up. Eve feels that like every other company that unless they have a distinctive edge in their products, they will be forced to exit the battery race - thus their quality has improved drastically over the last 18 months - they have doubled their quality control and testing --AND -- THEY HAVE MADE THEIR BATTERY PRICING MORE ATTRACTIVE to companies like SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD that is using the same business model as EVE and trying to sell as many as they can in order to look attractive to either stockholders or future acquisitions ...

SO - I dropped another order for (32) this morning from this company ... I will let you know -- I got 64 total coming in from 2 separate companies .. both with very low prices ... SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD was at 2948 and the other was at 3142 ...

I am working with a girl by the name of ENYA SHAO at STARMAX.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THESE PPL.... I DON'T GET ANYTHING FREE OR A KICKBACK OR ANYTHING --I MAY GET A BOX OF BRICKS FOR ALL I KNOW... I HAVE HOWEVER GOT A COUPLE OF PROPOSALS FOR MARRIAGE THAT I AM CONSIDERING BUT THATS A DIFFERENT THREAD ...

SOOO with all of that said -- I still do not know of any reason that some are selling for 4444 and some for 2198 (1/2 the price) ... as for me - I'll take the cheapest - test the hell out of them - if they are bad then tell my CCC and get my money back ... BUT talking to Enya - I think that I will be OK ....

View attachment 42628

View attachment 42629
awful terminals

awful terminals
Which terminals are you referring to? Original 6mm tapped hole, 6mm stud, 8mm stud or the newest offering the 6mm welded threaded screw-in terminal stud? I think that I still like the original best because it has by far the most contact area. If you are careful with the grub screw and support it with an Allen wrench while torqueing the nut it should not strip out the treads.

Attachments

• threaded screwin.png
    threaded screwin.png
    291 KB · Views: 6
Which terminals are you referring to? Original 6mm tapped hole, 6mm stud, 8mm stud or the newest offering the 6mm welded threaded screw-in terminal stud? I think that I still like the original best because it has by far the most contact area. If you are careful with the grub screw and support it with an Allen wrench while torqueing the nut it should not strip out the treads.
I refer to the standing up "fingers" (not to say penises...) awful awful.

I believe they are referring to the welded studs, which I agree are the least favorable terminal option.

I am not a fan of the welded stud either with the tiny contact surface. It looks like the newest offering the 6mm welded threaded screw-in terminal stud might be slightly better in that regard but I do not see any measurements as to how large the contact surface or deep the threads are. I was discussing the options with Docan Power and it seems like they are only offering the new 280K cells with the welded stud or welded screw-in terminals. They sell the ordinal tapped terminal but it is only available in the older cell format which makes me concerned that they might be older stock.

I am not a fan of the welded stud either with the tiny contact surface. It looks like the newest offering the 6mm welded threaded screw-in terminal stud might be slightly better in that regard but I do not see any measurements as to how large the contact surface or deep the threads are. I was discussing the options with Docan Power and it seems like they are only offering the new 280K cells with the welded stud or welded screw-in terminals. They sell the ordinal tapped terminal but it is only available in the older cell format which makes me concerned that they might be older stock.
I did some stress tests on the welded studs and they came out tops, here is the thread:

Maybe I'm wrong, but the context of the last few terminal posts is contact surface area. The threaded terminals (with regular screws/bolts or grub screws) provide the greatest surface contact area. Everything else, except for the funky terminals that don't seem to be making it into the wild, has less surface contact for cell-to-cell connections.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the context of the last few terminal posts is contact surface area. The threaded terminals (with regular screws/bolts or grub screws) provide the greatest surface contact area. Everything else, except for the funky terminals that don't seem to be making it into the wild, has less surface contact for cell-to-cell connections.
Agree that’s the theory.

Actual tests that we conducted show that the theory doesn’t hold water in this particular case. It’s a classic case of gut intuition (or theories) conflicting with the data. The data says that the smaller surface area isn’t an issue (probably because you can apply a pretty high torque).

I suspect that the manufacturers arrived at this config by conducting their own tests.

Agree that’s the theory.

Actual tests that we conducted show that the theory doesn’t hold water in this particular case. It’s a classic case of gut intuition (or theories) conflicting with the data. The data says that the smaller surface area isn’t an issue (probably because you can apply a pretty high torque).

I suspect that the manufacturers arrived at this config by conducting their own tests.

I don't doubt that there is something to what you're saying. I looked at the contact area of my Blue Sea battery switch and it sure doesn't look like much. Then there is the Victron Battery Protect 65 with M6 studs and a contact surface with a diameter that isn't much more than the M6 nut.

I did some stress tests on the welded studs and they came out tops, here is the thread:
Thank you for your research and sharing your results with this community. Based upon the information you provided i purchased 16 cells and have assembled and tested these in the Basen cases with a JDB-150a BMS. Using 4ga welding cable for cell interconnects, dual 4ga for BMS connection and single 1ga for main positive i applied 40in pound of torque on all M6 nuts and charged at 150amps i saw no issue with with heating of the terminals or the cables.

Bottom line is the limited contact area on the welded stud is a non issue at 150amps.

Back