diy solar

diy solar

2p16s 272ah LISHEN vs 3p16s CALB 180ah

Freqz

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on batteries for my next RV which will be here late fall/early winter.

My options at this point seem to be:
  • Group Buy Lishen 272ah, 32 cells for $3000 (although I’d likely buy 36 and build a 12V bank from the weakest 4)
    • This seems to be on hold at the moment as Michael seems to be quite busy. This is fine but I do need to get these things moving so I have everything ready to go by he time the new trailer gets here.
  • REPT 280ah cells from STARMAX for $3100
    • These don’t seem to have a history and the cells would come with no QR code or serial number...
  • CALB 180ah cells, qty 48 from Shenzhen Yindong for $3200
    • These are the blue shell SE cells which are fine for my application but an unknown seller with a small track record.
  • EVE 280ah from Amy— $4400. Ouch.
Thoughts? These banks are all within a few amp hours and few dollars of each other and each option comes with it’s own risk/hassle factor (but derisked/US stock multiplies the budget by 4!).

Thanks!

I'd go with one of the first 2 .... and if it's your first rodeo, probably go with Michael. There's a lot of stress throwing down that much money and then having a long wait. Michael can probably mitigate that somewhat. I would definitely stay away from the unknown sellers .... they may turn out OK, but do you want to be in Guinea pig?

Have a look at 202Ah Lishens, they can be had from around $50 EXW. Should be around the same price as the 272Ah Lishen, but with 11% more energy.

Ask Wendy at Shenzhen Yindong for them, I've now placed four orders through her.

I’m looking around myself, Amy quoted New Eve 280’s @119.56 each plus shipping. seems high...
ive never ordered through alibaba and I would prefer not to start now, learning curve and all that.
Found this,
ill likely have to get whatever I end up choosing air freighted due to time frame, moving far away soon.

Have a look at 202Ah Lishens, they can be had from around $50 EXW. Should be around the same price as the 272Ah Lishen, but with 11% more energy.

Ask Wendy at Shenzhen Yindong for them, I've now placed four orders through her.
Thanks! She does seem to be eager to sell.

I’m looking around myself, Amy quoted New Eve 280’s @119.56 each plus shipping. seems high...
ive never ordered through alibaba and I would prefer not to start now, learning curve and all that.
Found this,
ill likely have to get whatever I end up choosing air freighted due to time frame, moving far away soon.
Yeah, I order from her in a heartbeat but can’t justify goosing my battery budget by over 30%.

How do you contact Wendy at Shenzhen Yindong?is she on Alibaba or AliExpress?thanks!

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on batteries for my next RV which will be here late fall/early winter.

My options at this point seem to be:
  • Group Buy Lishen 272ah, 32 cells for $3000 (although I’d likely buy 36 and build a 12V bank from the weakest 4)
    • This seems to be on hold at the moment as Michael seems to be quite busy. This is fine but I do need to get these things moving so I have everything ready to go by he time the new trailer gets here.
  • REPT 280ah cells from STARMAX for $3100
    • These don’t seem to have a history and the cells would come with no QR code or serial number...
  • CALB 180ah cells, qty 48 from Shenzhen Yindong for $3200
    • These are the blue shell SE cells which are fine for my application but an unknown seller with a small track record.
  • EVE 280ah from Amy— $4400. Ouch.
Thoughts? These banks are all within a few amp hours and few dollars of each other and each option comes with it’s own risk/hassle factor (but derisked/US stock multiplies the budget by 4!).

Thanks!
try aliexpress ,i got 8 x280ah on the way to me now for less than $1k free shipping on some deals

Found this,
Amy is quoting brand new (true) grade A cells complete with the factory test results. As far as I know, everyone else is selling grey market cells, no testing. The grey market cells just might have sat on the shelf too long, or could be rejected for some minor defect that doesn't really matter. The grey market cells are a great value, but the higher price from Amy is not a gamble. The supply of Eve 280AH cells seems to dried up on the grey market, the Lishen grey market cells have been testing excellent (better than the grey market Eve).

amys cells may be all that and a bag of chips, but I ordered 18 instead of 16, gives me two chances at a runner or problem cell. $150 extra is better than near $500 on my 16 pack. we Shall see if it pays off. The difference paid for an electrodacus system.

Ye pays yer money, takes yer chances.

Back