diy solar

diy solar

2p4s (600ah!) Lishen 272ah from Basen /Canadian Built for Van/heated? cost and questions

pezzodefero

hello friends,
first of all this is my first post here , I want to thank Will and all of view for all the information that is possible to find on this forum.
Following is my experience with my first built of a Lifepo4 battery with 8 cells from Basen.

ordered 8 cells Lishen 272ah on 19th Nov 2020
US$865+US$17.3(2%paypal fee)1,126Cad$ ish
invoice attached (Emely Peng was my contact) she added 16 busbar on my request, she sent a video about my battery being tested (voltage and Ir) but only on 4 on of the cell....
Delivered On
Wednesday01/20/2021

the cells arrived in a excellent package and in perfect shape / very happy

I ordered some stuff online for the build

Overkill 120A Bms 115usd + 20$ to ship 135usd or 171Cad$ + 10Cad$ for the IOS app
happy

studs and bolts for the battery (need to be cut , but seems to works very well, i used loctite too
very happy

powermax converter/power supply 55a 180Cad$
I bough this because it is UL listed as an extra safety feature / very happy

dc buck converter for the top balance 27Cad$
it worked almost flawlessy / very happy

car seat heating pad 28$Cad
seems to work...

12v thermostat for the heating pads 5Cad$ ish (the link is not one i bought from)
seems to work...

capacity tester 18Cad$
it works?

battery 1.JPG
battery 2.JPG

I did 3 capacity test with the bms low voltage for the cells at 2650

this is the 3rd and last
IMG_3908.JPG

test number 2 below

IMG_3854.JPG

test number 1 below:
IMG_5632.JPG

Note:
1 I run the test with and inverter and heater (1000w circa ) , my inverter cuts the power at 11V so i finished the test with 3 of the 12v heating pad 90w circa

2 test number 3 has been done with the battery enclosed in the wooden box (previous 2 test only with the hose clamp only.
on the last test i mixed the cell, i pired the ones with hgher voltage with the ons with lower voltage and i left every pair in parallel by them self to balance a little the assembled everything, charged the whole battery, and then done the capacity test.

3 the heating system has not been tested in the cold, van is not ready yet and battery is in my house... :)
i basically build a jacket with 3 heating pads, there a plastic liner on the the inside
battery heating jacket.JPG

thanks for the time you spent reading this post
plase share your thoughts if you want :)

Gabriele

p.s. i plan to cover the battery with styrofoam insulation (top,back and side for sure)

Attachments

• battery invoice.png
    battery invoice.png
    346.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Another good result of batteries from BASEN. I am happy with my batteries from BASEN also.

Might have to email and ask for your girl. Got time to get it ordered anyways before April.
Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd.
Sheila Chou2021-02-18 08:39

Thanks for your inquiry.
EVE 3.2v 280AH lifepo4 cell:
Quantity:8pcs Price:US$87.3/pc
Shipping cost & time: US$300 (by Sea transportation, door to door, including tax and custom,45-50 working days around.)

Total price: 87.3*8+300=US$998.4

Might have to email and ask for your girl. Got time to get it ordered anyways before April.
Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd.
Sheila Chou2021-02-18 08:39

Thanks for your inquiry.
EVE 3.2v 280AH lifepo4 cell:
Quantity:8pcs Price:US$87.3/pc
Shipping cost & time: US$300 (by Sea transportation, door to door, including tax and custom,45-50 working days around.)

Total price: 87.3*8+300=US$998.4
hi, you may try , I undestand shipping and cells cost change continuosly, plus yours are EVE, remeber to ask for the extra busbar, stud possibly and to make a video with your name of the TWO boxes they are shipping , and not only one :) I asked them to write on the invoice that the cell are grade A and balanced, just as a safety for potential claim if they arrive ruined or used...

Back