diy solar

diy solar

2x Battleborn 100ah LiFePO4

Lt.Dan

Solar Wizard
Hey guys, I'm building a 48v battery and am debating on selling my 2 BB's that I have or if I should keep them. Im not even sure how hard it would be if I had to ship them.

I'm open to offers. I've had them for about 4 months, cycled them maybe 50-100 times. I stay plugged in most of the time.

Here is a pic of both batteries in my compartment
Here it is again, your batteries are wired poorly.
The connections to the 2 parallel batteries would be better balanced if the + lead was connected to
one battery and the - lead to the other battery.

I'm building a 48v battery
I stay plugged in most of the time.
Just out of curiosity, if you stay plugged in most of the time, why would you want to upgrade to a 48v (presuming larger capacity) battery?

The only thing that i can think of is that you want to reduce your electric bill for your off peak usage and cloudy days. Maybe increased capacity for PG&E power outages?

Otherwise, air conditioner during the day as your solar (big assumption) produces it does not require 48v nor more battery. I'm mystified but interested in learning.

Thanks for that info about the balance by moving the cable, thankfully I never have more than a 200watt draw as I don't have an inverter yet, or any big loads other than when the slides come in/out.

I'm building a 48v battery because I want to unplug from the grid completely (eventually). I will probably stay plugged in for the days i have no sun (which in Central California is not very often), or when i draw a large enough load the batteries can't keep up (like all 3 ACs). My electric bill last month was almost $300 so spending some money on solar/inverter/batteries is not a big deal if it cuts my electric usage. Especially because we take this rig out to the desert to go riding quite often, where there is no grid.

Long term, id like to be able to use solar/batteries/inverter to run the fridge and water heater in 120v and reduce my propane usage, while also being able to run atleast 1 AC during the hottest parts of the day. With the amount of solar i am capable of putting on the roof, and battery storage I could have, I don't think its unreasonable. Definitely not easy or cheap, but not unreasonable.

The battery imbalance from what i can tell, is not limited to large loads. Its pretty much working one battery harder than the other.

That is a great goal to get off grid, especially for your big electric bill and desire to stay powered in the desert!

I recommend that you perform an energy audit to determine your energy needs so you can build a system that works for you the first time (or is this considered the 2nd time?). With your specific daily energy needs and number of days you wish to run without sun or shore power you can size your system ahead of time.

The standard energy audit spreadsheet link in in my signature.

Yes I've already done an audit and sized my system, which is why I'm selling these. I already bought 16x 280AH cells and a 200a Daly BMS (with plans to buy another 16 cells in a few months), with plans for a 6000T Growatt all in one unit, and 2500watts of solar on the roof and a possibility of fitting 7500watts of solar on the pole barn I park next to. I should be all set lol

Hey guys, I'm building a 48v battery and am debating on selling my 2 BB's that I have or if I should keep them. Im not even sure how hard it would be if I had to ship them.

I'm open to offers. I've had them for about 4 months, cycled them maybe 50-100 times. I stay plugged in most of the time.
How much are you trying to get for the BB's??

Shoot me an offer

I should've added im in Central California as well, for the guys that might be more local to me and want to pick up instead of shipping.
I live in NC all the way across the country I am currently looking to purchase 2-12 V batteries - if you can't sell them locally I definitely be interested if we can just come to an agreement on price

I'll take them both for $1000. I figured its a fair price since they do not have any warranty as it is not transferrable. I'm about 2 hrs outside Vasalia.

Back