diy solar

diy solar

2xGrowatt SPF 3000TL - Questions

bxZger

Hello anyone, and hello Will,

I am looking at installing 2xGrowatt SPF 3000TL 24v into a bus conversion to potentially provide 230V to Mr.Cool dual zone A/C with softstart capacitor. I would like to retain the ability to still be able to hookup to 15/30 or 50A grid if possible. I was also wanting to use the cheaper LifePo4 batteries without low temperature protections, and provide those protections off-band using arduino or raspberry pi with integration to the inverter. I know some of these things would be possible with a Victron inverter. Now for the questions, can Growatt be controlled via WIFI without going through the "cloud". Can "Solar Assistant" do that, and turn off inverter charging on demand?

Can Growatt SPF 3000TL be configured for variable input amperage on demand without having to fiddle with the menus?

Thank you,

There is no way to turn the grid charging off on demand. you can set the battery voltage in the program 12 such that it doesnt charge from the grid. You can also configure it to only pull a limited amount of charge amps off the grid, however the min is 10A. I suppose you could only configure one to charge from utility.

the only way to configure the inverter without the menus is to use the USB link and software.

Thanks! Does anyone know if 2XGrowatts would have any issues with MrCool Dual Zone AC?

Back