diy solar

diy solar

3 BMS - 1 missing bluetooth module, can I use it until the part arrives?

Simi 60

Hi all
Have 3 x 280ah @ 24v batts ready to get connected
All matched and batched A Grade Amy cells
Each with its own 200 amp JBD BMS and bluetooth

One BMS turned up without the module and its being sent, but xmas delays means it aint here yet and wont be for a while
and I need to get these batteries in and running as the AGMs are near shot.

Was thinking, as 2 of the 3 batteries has been charged up and ready to go, could I take the module out of 1 of the BMS, fit it to the 3rd, get it charged up and then install all 3 batteries?
Sure I wont be able to monitor that one battery, less than ideal but as they were matched and batched A Grade Amy cells I would like to think all will be good and when the module arrives I can fit it then.

OR

Should I just install the two with the module in (its enough to run the boat) and install the 3rd at a later date?

You can move the BT module between BMS units to check status or change settings with no problem. Just disconnect the app from it and unplug it then plug it into another BMS. I've switched to using a centralized monitoring system as the BT requires switching between interfaces to check each individually

If they are all in parallel then the charge/discharge & voltages should be the same

Thanks for that, 3rd module shouldn't be to far away

What's the "centralised monitoring system" you are using?

Thanks for that, 3rd module shouldn't be to far away

What's the "centralised monitoring system" you are using?
I'm using ESP32 boards on each BMS sending data to MQTT/Influx/Grafana on a Pi4 and display is via web page or the Pi3/TouchScreen

For changing settings I swap to the BT interface and Android app

Thanks
I would like to think the Bluetooth would be a looked at for the first few weeks but then if everything is proven to be ok rarely used.
We have a Victron 702 battery monitor that should be good enough for an overall picture.

Back