diy solar

diy solar

3 phase inverter without all phase power ballancing

LoneWanderer

Hello,

we had a company (they are out of business now) that installed our solar sollution and the installed a 3 pahse inverter (InfiniSolar 10k-PAR-B).

The problem is that this inverter (which is normal from what I found) delivers equal power to all phases. So when I have load on 1st phase, lets say 2.5kw and nothing on 2nd and 3rd, the inverter sends only about 500 Watts to all of the phases.

is this normal behavior? Are there any 3 phase invertors, that would have an ability to cover load on specific phases? Because to me, it seems ridiculous, that with load on one phase, all of 3 phases would be supplied, even tough they have a minimal load.

The other problem is that we dont feed in back to the grid(intentionally). So I theorize, that even tough I produce 3.5kw from PV and I have a load of 1.5kw of load, the invertor somehow ballances to power out between the 3 phases, but nut like 1500 watts per phase, to cover the load on the first one, but only 400 watts per phase.

So even tough I have more then enough energy produced, the real load on the first phase gets 400 wats from PV and 800 watts from Grid, which is extremly bad.

I read that one could use 3 seperate single phase inverters, but that seems like a horrible solution. Are there any inverters, that could supply the power from PV to a speciffic phase? Along with the power from the batteries?

Thanks for any advice.

Back