diy solar

diy solar

30 kW Sungrow SG30KU String Inverters - $199

Doggydogworld

Solar Enthusiast
3 MPPT inputs, 1000V max. 3-phase 480V out. 55 kg weight "transformerless". Made in 2014, new in box. Will discount for bulk buy (he has 38). San Jose, will ship.

Anyone know original cost? Or what a DIYer might do with these beasts?

I just shopped Sears. They are all sold out of their 277V microwaves and TVs. So really can't use it. ??‍♂️

It looks like these can really only be used to feed the grid.

Sure would be neat to make an island grid with a few.
Add in a 240/120 split phase transformer and 90 used panels and you got a nice setup...

I would not touch Sungrow inverters. I look after around 200 of the 60kw model across various solar farms and they fail consistently, sometimes quite catastrophically.

I just shopped Sears. They are all sold out of their 277V microwaves and TVs. So really can't use it. ??‍♂️

It looks like these can really only be used to feed the grid.
Industrial buildings often have 480V 3-phase and some big equipment uses it. This guy bought an old transformer to power his three phase CNC machine plus a grinder and a "Monarch" (lathe, I think).

Some farms use it, too -- here's a 480V/3 phase generator that runs off a tractor PTO. So it's at least possible to use these for 'behind the meter' power, just like panels on a residential roof. I don't know whether such installs would qualify for programs like net metering, though.

Back