diy solar

diy solar

30 Volt 10 Amp Power Supply Broken—Dr. Meter

When meter is set to Diode mode, the meter will display the result in Volt which represents the Vf of the Diode.
I never noticed that or totally forgot.. I’ve always either done an ohms check or more likely put the leads both ways and there will be a beep one way.

In diode mode, the meter pushes a small current thru, which I guess more accurately mimics the diode's function. Resistance/ohms is another way tho, but maybe less accurate...?

Ordered new diodes and popped one in - fixed it, back in business??? Thanks everyone for this amazing site!

Ordered new diodes and popped one in - fixed it, back in business??? Thanks everyone for this amazing site!
If you don't mind me asking, how much for the diode and how did you get it?

Supposed to be cheap as in pennies in bulk or from an electronic store, but one at a time from Amazon was closer to $6. Also, all the electronics stores around Phoenix, AZ I knew closed, so everything is o the net.

:oops:You guys paid too much. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: These only cost me 30 cents a pop. I would have given you one except the postage would have cost more money than the diode was worth and USPS shipping is slower than Amazon’s.

That’s a $6 bag of diodes which I would use once in my life and have 99 left when my kids inherit them.

I just let the smoke out (connected to wrong terminals on the battery) so I was glad to find this thread. The PS still works and I just ordered the new diode to replace the one I found rattling around, in 3 pieces, in the bottom of the PS case. :)

Back