diy solar

diy solar

3000 Watt Inverter to Wall Outlet?

MEN!

Hi guys,

I have a 3000 W Pure Sine Inverter installed in my Van conversion. I'm wondering if I can install at least a couple of 120V AC wall outlets. And I would like to understand how to connect the outlet(s) to the inverter.

My inverter is this one here: GoWise 3000W Inverter It has 3 outlets (if that matters). Anyone have an idea?

Thank you

3000W at 120VAC is 25A. Each of those outlets on the inverter is probably rated at 15A. If you have no option but to use the outlets to get power to your other outlets make sure you have a fuse or breaker there that will limit the draw on the socket on the inverter to no more than it's rated current. If you are lucky the inverter's manual will tell you what that is.

I'm not a fan of doing this and agree with @smoothJoey

I'm a fan of redneck engineering, especially if the inverter is running off the vehicle battery and couldn't produce 25A long enough to overheat anything.

If you got an outlet box, put a couple dual outlets in it, and wired each of them to a separate power plug with one of these fuse holders for the hot wire:

Then you could plug the two cords into two outlets of the inverter.

Simpler than that, get a power strip with circuit breaker:

Just one dual outlet I guess.

I have the same inverter, you can use 20A wire and outlets and install a plug on the end going into the inverter. The plugs on the inverter are already fused.
You can always get a power strip like Hedges recommend. That what’s I did when I first built out my van, but then just spliced on plugs to each run and plugged them into the inverter when I removed my AC/DC power center.

I have the same inverter, you can use 20A wire and outlets and install a plug on the end going into the inverter. The plugs on the inverter are already fused.
You can always get a power strip like Hedges recommend. That what’s I did when I first built out my van, but then just spliced on plugs to each run and plugged them into the inverter when I removed my AC/DC power center.
Thank you

Back