diy solar

diy solar

304ah cells. Ordered Monday arrived Friday

Just letting anyone following know. I ordered 16 cells on Monday the 2nd, it's now Tuesday the 10th and they are still showing processing. Probably not going to see these popping up on your porch as fast as OP.

I'm new at this but why would you buy these over a cheaper 48volt rack mount battery for $1500?. I don't get it. What is the difference in power in a 48v configuration?

I'm new at this but why would you buy these over a cheaper 48volt rack mount battery for $1500?. I don't get it. What is the difference in power in a 48v configuration?
these are 280Ah .. the server rack batteries 100Ah
these run @ ~ 2100 for 280Ah = 7,5 per AH
a server rack battery runs @ 1500 for 100Ah = 15 per AH

in other words, for the same money you get about double the capacity

Just letting anyone following know. I ordered 16 cells on Monday the 2nd, it's now Tuesday the 10th and they are still showing processing. Probably not going to see these popping up on your porch as fast as OP.
I ordered mine on April 25th and they showed up May 4th. My order said processing the whole time. I sent an email requesting an update so they emailed me the tracking number. I just checked and my order still says processing even though they were delivered May 4th.

Has anyone tried shipping to canada from this site? The shipping doesn't seem outrageous at all.
I ordered 8 cells and 2 BMS from the website on April 23. My order was still processing on the weekend so I messaged them asking for an update. Was told the order would process and ship this week, and would take about 50-60 days to reach Canada. It's still showing processing on my ordering page. I'm tempted to look into another option at this point, but the price and product seemed hard to beat from Basen.

Just checking in. Finished capacity testing each cell individually. All cells were discharged to 2.8v then charged back up to 3.65v and let absorb until 20amps was going in. The lowest cell was 309ah and the highest was 311ah. Needless to say I’m impressed. I will only be charging until 3.5v with no absorption phase so I’m happy with these cells.

Does anyone know if Basen has the official test report? These prices are pretty decent I may just have to build a 16 cell pack.

Keeping everyone updated. Finally got mine on the 27th so 25 days from payment/order to delivery. I've only opened one box so far and they looked good.

I can't find my calipers anywhere, can anyone else who received these tell me what size posts you got? I tried reaching out to basen over the weekend to ask but they never responded. I don't want to buy new calipers, as soon as I do I'll find the old ones lol.

Keeping everyone updated. Finally got mine on the 27th so 25 days from payment/order to delivery. I've only opened one box so far and they looked good.

I can't find my calipers anywhere, can anyone else who received these tell me what size posts you got? I tried reaching out to basen over the weekend to ask but they never responded. I don't want to buy new calipers, as soon as I do I'll find the old ones lol.
Can anyone comment on why this specific cell is less expensive? Any reason to avoid this cell vs others listed, 280AH is 280AH in my view, unless I am missing something

BASEN REPT 3.2V 280AH LITHIUM ION LIFEPO4 PRISMATIC BATTERY DEEP CYCLIES FOR DINESH GROUP​

$125 ea.

I'm pretty sure if they don't have "XXXX Stock" in the title for US, EU, or Canada the price does not include shipping and they're coming from China so there's additional shipping costs and longer wait times.

@nebulight - Every photo you posted of your cells gives a blue hue to the threaded posts. That makes them look like zinc plated steel rather than stainless. Can you tell in person what material they are? It probably doesn't matter unless you are in a higher humidity environment.

img_0222-jpg.92261

Curious to see any cells made After March 2022, this will have a date code C3 most of these are the BA (November 2022)

These are the first 2 letters of the date code, quick reference:

8 = 2018
9 = 2019
A = 2020
B = 2021
C = 2022

2nd Digit is the month:

1 = JAN, 2=FEB - 9 = SEP, A = OCT, B=NOV, C=DEC

so BA = 2021 - OCTOBER.

@nebulight - Every photo you posted of your cells gives a blue hue to the threaded posts. That makes them look like zinc plated steel rather than stainless. Can you tell in person what material they are? It probably doesn't matter unless you are in a higher humidity environment.

img_0222-jpg.92261
Now I'm no expert, but after watching a video on how to tell the difference between zinc plated and stainless steel, I'd say these are indeed zinc plated.

The 311.2Ah in the picture is only how much went into the cell. That's not really the capacity test. It is the discharge that is important, although these cells should be in the high 90's in terms of percentage efficiency.

I can't speak for anyone else, but several hundred tests have gotten me 99% efficiency.

Back