diy solar

diy solar

310AH cells from Alibaba

BrandonAvl

Bought some cells from Alibaba, they said they were grade A CATL but most were scratched up, minor dents, and a few were a different shade of blue, slight bulging, is that normal? At least the QR codes were intact, currently load testing, are these CATL or someone else?

Attachments

• IMG_8679.JPG
    IMG_8679.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8678.JPG
    IMG_8678.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8676.JPG
    IMG_8676.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8677.JPG
    IMG_8677.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 32
Not grade A. Almost none are. Scratch and dents are worse than most but may or may not affect capacity. Bulging is not normal but not uncommon either.

Should I ask for a partial refund or try to return them? The fedex label was from california so I don't have to send them back to china, I paid via paypal with my credit card. I'm currently load testing after top balancing for several days....

I'd say it depends ..... on what you paid. If you paid a grade B price and the cells all test out as usable, you may wish to keep life simple and live with them. If you paid a grade A price you may want to raise a ruckus.

I haven't been keeping up, but 310 Ah are new to me. I only recall seeing 280 Ah when I bought 280's earlier in the year. I mention this because I wonder if 310 is an exaggeration .... i.e., they are really 280 Ah.

Just finished the capacity test, after parallel top balancing at 3.65v for several days, I hooked it up to a 12A load and it ran for 25.5 hours and came in at 302AH, toward the last few minutes of the test cell 4 was way lower, should I just set the BMS to cut off at 3.1V and max charge of 3.6V? I will be using this in a sprinter van, so would it be better to use 20%-80% of the battery pack?

Attachments

• IMG_8737.PNG
    IMG_8737.PNG
    837.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8745.PNG
    IMG_8745.PNG
    827 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8749.PNG
    IMG_8749.PNG
    801.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8750.PNG
    IMG_8750.PNG
    827.3 KB · Views: 8
I would leave all (most?) of the room in the BMS 2.6 to 3.6 per cell. Adjust your charging to stop at a lower voltage if you wish. BMS should not be controlling the charge on a regular basis.

Bought some cells from Alibaba, they said they were grade A CATL but most were scratched up, minor dents, and a few were a different shade of blue, slight bulging, is that normal? At least the QR codes were intact, currently load testing, are these CATL or someone else?

I received 144 pcs OD 310ah cells swollen and can’t even fit the bus bar with almost 1cm gap !

seller refuse to refund, what can we do ?!
D545E713-FB77-4A1D-B297-556C91EA5FDB.jpeg

0FA18214-B07B-434A-8B66-0953AD540B93.jpeg

0E32A0A9-FD7F-4121-B8F5-65A0B20E4DD1.jpeg

Tell them you have defective merchandise. You have contacted the supplier . Tell them the response.
Tell them you have pictures of the issues.

Then send me the batts when you get credited?

You need to be really careful who you are buying from especially when buying that many. There are some trusted vendors on Alibaba (such as https://diysolarforum.com/threads/introducing-the-new-improved-shenzhen-luyuan-technology-co.15880/) and also Michael B Caro who is on this site and lives in the USA who acts as a middleman and handles any issues you have with yours cells directly (if there are any issues).

Edit: realize this doesn't help you now but for anyone reading this in the future :)

You need to be really careful who you are buying from especially when buying that many. There are some trusted vendors on Alibaba (such as https://diysolarforum.com/threads/introducing-the-new-improved-shenzhen-luyuan-technology-co.15880/) and also Michael B Caro who is on this site and lives in the USA who acts as a middleman and handles any issues you have with yours cells directly (if there are any issues).

Edit: realize this doesn't help you now but for anyone reading this in the future :)

Mehta is the amount of bump from when it can be considered dangerous or have the cell capacity affected?

With Alibaba I would usually say there will be a fair resolution, But this can be very complicated, and I can't offer your next steps. What I can say is it will be watched by many.
Think that it is $20000 of money spent and all are like that …

Back