diy solar

diy solar

310AH cells from Alibaba

Sorry my guy but you got ripped off.. sad but this has happened to me before now I buy direct from EVE only, pay more but its good stuff.

My cells came swollen too before charging but they seem to work ok??

Attachments

• IMG_8760.JPG
    IMG_8760.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8761.JPG
    IMG_8761.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 16
So dumb question, but how much of an issue are swollen cells really beyond the A grade vs. B Grade argument? The guy who got me interested in solar had cells more swollen than those in the pic, but they maintained rated capacity and had been cycled many hundreds if not a thousand times when I saw them. Is that abnormal for swollen cells or....?

With Alibaba I would usually say there will be a fair resolution, But this can be very complicated, and I can't offer your next steps. What I can say is it will be watched by many.
Can you Send a private message ?

My cells came swollen too before charging but they seem to work ok??

exactly the same problem I have from PWOD from AliExpress I received 144 batteries and all bumped between 5mm and 10mm . Why this for all of them and what can we do ?

what are the results for capacity test ?

2B542A9B-6188-4726-85A0-32DBF6502D8E.jpeg

B7317DEC-88BE-4823-B684-E792BA0304B4.jpeg

So dumb question, but how much of an issue are swollen cells really beyond the A grade vs. B Grade argument? The guy who got me interested in solar had cells more swollen than those in the pic, but they maintained rated capacity and had been cycled many hundreds if not a thousand times when I saw them. Is that abnormal for swollen cells or....?

yes, I want to know this too if anyone can know the amount of damage and how we can quantify it ? I can measure internal resistance, is this if any help ?!

Values are around 0.30 mOhms for this swollen cells. Seller advertise it to be 0.18 mOhms but received them with 0.30 - 0.36 mOhms.

E442A997-1F34-4C0E-BD4B-47CB3D4E48E5.jpeg

In my experience once cells are swollen irreversible damage has been done to them.

how can we measure and quantify the amount of damage ?

Any linear deterioration that can be measured by capacity test (capacity linearly decrease on each cycle so we can know where we are in the line ..) or also load test with voltage drop ( if cell can’t sustain a load of 0.2C without voltage to drop under 3V ?)

anyone with experience can help please ?

Bought some cells from Alibaba, they said they were grade A CATL but most were scratched up, minor dents, and a few were a different shade of blue, slight bulging, is that normal? At least the QR codes were intact, currently load testing, are these CATL or someone else?
All the cells declaring CATL,100% grade B!

Just finished the capacity test, after parallel top balancing at 3.65v for several days, I hooked it up to a 12A load and it ran for 25.5 hours and came in at 302AH, toward the last few minutes of the test cell 4 was way lower, should I just set the BMS to cut off at 3.1V and max charge of 3.6V? I will be using this in a sprinter van, so would it be better to use 20%-80% of the battery pack?
Can i ask what app / hardware your using here ? Also of course gutted to read your problems.

PWOD and Sanben are the same Grade B or G junk, selling at Grade A ($185 ea to my house) prices. I received 10 out of 16 swollen, advertised as 320 aH, tested between 305-316 aH, IR range= .22-.26 mohm. Steer clear and no, swollen cells are not normal for Grade A. Only cells that did not meet factory specs, were overcharged, charged with a cheap lead acid battery charger or over six months of daily use on them are swollen.

PWOD and Sanben are the same Grade B or G junk, selling at Grade A ($185 ea to my house) prices. I received 10 out of 16 swollen, advertised as 320 aH, tested between 305-316 aH, IR range= .22-.26 mohm. Steer clear and no, swollen cells are not normal for Grade A. Only cells that did not meet factory specs, were overcharged, charged with a cheap lead acid battery charger or over six months of daily use on them are swollen.

Yes, exactly same problem what I received. All batteries with small QR code that is painted in the corner are refurbished old cells that are considered JUNK. Did you open a dispute ? Any success ?

242774883_240158504789529_3118639498965722771_n.png

Yes, exactly same problem what I received. All batteries with small QR code that is painted in the corner are refurbished old cells that are considered JUNK. Did you open a dispute ? Any success ?

View attachment 66384
Yep. Same Grade G (Garbage) they sent me. By the time I received the cells, they had already closed everything out and said I had received them two weeks earlier. When I did complain on Sanben and and Liitokala’s store message center, it was the same old BS...our cells are perfect grade A, meet specs, swelling is normal, you need to test more, etc. The worst customer service I have ever received, next to Rareelectric on Amazon.

Yep. Same Grade G (Garbage) they sent me. By the time I received the cells, they had already closed everything out and said I had received them two weeks earlier. When I did complain on Sanben and and Liitokala’s store message center, it was the same old BS...our cells are perfect grade A, meet specs, swelling is normal, you need to test more, etc. The worst customer service I have ever received, next to Rareelectric on Amazon.

Yes, same situation for me too, dispute person from ALiExpress simply don't care about any proof you add.
Seller created a text that say only lies, they say all is normal and all is fine.

Yes, same situation for me too, dispute person from ALiExpress simply don't care about any proof you add.
Seller created a text that say only lies, they say all is normal and all is fine.
I just got the usual BS too.

"The cut off voltage is 2.5V. The unfinished test cannot display the correct capacity of the product."

Never mind that I uploaded the BMS log showing the test cut off at 2.499 volts, and a screenshot showing the cells were top balanced.

And a screenshot showing the whole pack started at 14.6v which proves that all cells were at 3.65v to begin with.

I told them I'll request a full charge back on my credit card if a partial refund is not applied.

Back