diy solar

diy solar

$3142.00 for (32) 280aH 3.2V GRADE A, Fresh Manufactured, DELIVERED by Alithor New Energy CO

It's true, prices are falling. I'm usually spending a few hours or more a week talking with a variety of suppliers. We keep an internal spreadsheet on who has what when and how much. It's a moving target, particularly with the Lishen/EVE/REPT cells. Right now I won't pay over $80 apiece for the 272/277/280AH cells. Even for EVE.

Our last batch was a mixed batch of CATL and REPT. First batch of both, will see how they perform before buying more. Still waiting on it. For awhile REPT cells were below $70 apiece but now they've gone up with the new batch that's rolled in. REPT has updated the datasheet though to 5000 cycles @ 1C. They don't explicitly state 100% DOD but it's implied.

ALSO as a sidenote this company -- Jerry from Shenzhen Mushang Electronics Co.,LTD, also reached out to me and stated that they would MEET whatever price Alithor was offering ... When i told him $3142 delivered he said NO PROBLEM ... They said that they were also a manufacturer ...

I'm a manufacturer, you're a manufacturer, everybody is a manufacturer!

"Manufacturer" is SUBJECTIVE and relative to the Translation Software.
An "Assembler of Parts" is also considered a Manufacturer. IE putting cells in a box with a BMS and selling the pack = Manufacturer.
The companies, reps use "loose" translations to make it sound better.

Prices are NOT going down anymore. Keep up to date folks !
The increased demand from the EV sector has put a strain on many raw supplies, as they are constrained. Prices have been increasing over the past month and are not projected to go down until more resource extraction & processing comes online. This is discussed on stock market investor forums and several of the current tradies.

It's true, prices are falling. I'm usually spending a few hours or more a week talking with a variety of suppliers. We keep an internal spreadsheet on who has what when and how much. It's a moving target, particularly with the Lishen/EVE/REPT cells. Right now I won't pay over $80 apiece for the 272/277/280AH cells. Even for EVE.

Our last batch was a mixed batch of CATL and REPT. First batch of both, will see how they perform before buying more. Still waiting on it. For awhile REPT cells were below $70 apiece but now they've gone up with the new batch that's rolled in. REPT has updated the datasheet though to 5000 cycles @ 1C. They don't explicitly state 100% DOD but it's implied.
At what quantity for those prices?

The increased demand from the EV sector has put a strain on many raw supplies, as they are constrained. Prices have been increasing over the past month and are not projected to go down until more resource extraction & processing comes online. This is discussed on stock market investor forums and several of the current tradies.
I should have clarified my statements. In a broader multi-year scope, the market prices on average are falling. In a short-term snapshot though, Steve is right. I've seen the same data. We saw spot pricing at around ~$70 a few months ago but with the latest stock/batches wholesalers are receiving, the pricing has gone up on average to ~$80 or more. We still pay less than $80 but that is what I'm seeing with initial quotes.

At what quantity for those prices?
It varies. Between 30 and 50 cells per shipment right now.

"Manufacturer" is SUBJECTIVE and relative to the Translation Software.
An "Assembler of Parts" is also considered a Manufacturer. IE putting cells in a box with a BMS and selling the pack = Manufacturer.
The companies, reps use "loose" translations to make it sound better.

I will have to say that $3142 is the lowest i think that i have ever paid for (32) 280aH's so from where i sit the prices seem to be coming down .. I remember when these things were in the $120 then 100 range ...

Of course as I have said before - my teammates in Beijing pay in the $40's for stuff I get in the 80's -- being half way around the world has its consequences -- BUT still -- $3142 seems to be a pretty good bargain -- NOW we will wait 30-45 days to see what i actually get ...

I will have to say that $3142 is the lowest i think that i have ever paid for (32) 280aH's so from where i sit the prices seem to be coming down .. I remember when these things were in the $120 then 100 range ...

Of course as I have said before - my teammates in Beijing pay in the $40's for stuff I get in the 80's -- being half way around the world has its consequences -- BUT still -- $3142 seems to be a pretty good bargain -- NOW we will wait 30-45 days to see what i actually get ...

$3142 for 32 280Ah cells delivered is $98.19 per cell.

If that’s a good price for 280Ah all-in to the States, you’ve made me feel good about the 16 280Ah cells I got from Shenzen Basen for $1497 delivered ($93.59 all-in).

I jumped on one of those special sales they had late last year (so I probably got inventory of the old spec EVE was clearing out while you’re hopefully getting recent production)...

But as you say, whether it’s a bargain or not depends hugely on what you actually get from the vendor.

OK - so I will let you know how this turns out -- incredible price ... did allot of research into Alithor New Energy company and they are a BATTERY MANUFACTURER and not a reseller or vendor. They say that they will test each battery before shipping for all the tests that I require ... they sent pictures of how they package it -- i did everything I could to find a reason not to ... but honestly -- writing to them -- and talking to them -- I think I am going to be OK ... and $3142 is honestly a pretty damn good price for 32 of them ...

Their shipping cost was about $100 less ($432) since they say they ship so much to the US they get volume discounts ... so I just sent them $3142.00 (plus credit card use fee) (at least that way if they don't show up then VISA goes after them) ...

Anyway - will keep you guys updated - 30-45 days they say ...

ALSO as a sidenote this company -- Jerry from Shenzhen Mushang Electronics Co.,LTD, also reached out to me and stated that they would MEET whatever price Alithor was offering ... When i told him $3142 delivered he said NO PROBLEM ... They said that they were also a manufacturer ...

@ghostwriter66 Great find. I will be interested to see how this new source works out. Curious what is you plan with these cells and your BMS choice these days?

@ghostwriter66 Great find. I will be interested to see how this new source works out. Curious what is you plan with these cells and your BMS choice these days?

The BMS situation for me is always rough ... currently most of the major manufactures that i can afford keeps concentrating on the 24V 200aH market when i really would like a 24V 400aH ... as for uses we are trying to get away from all of these portable generators that we use at GATE OPENINGs and the LiFePO4s are now to a price that with solar panels (we get 260W at $65) and cheap SCC ($45) and batteries (12V at $400) (etc etc) that we are to a point that I can start replacing these hard to maintenance and operate diesels with solar and not lose money

$3142 for 32 280Ah cells delivered is $98.19 per cell.

If that’s a good price for 280Ah all-in to the States, you’ve made me feel good about the 16 280Ah cells I got from Shenzen Basen for $1497 delivered ($93.59 all-in).

I jumped on one of those special sales they had late last year (so I probably got inventory of the old spec EVE was clearing out while you’re hopefully getting recent production)...

But as you say, whether it’s a bargain or not depends hugely on what you actually get from the vendor.

Maybe being stuck out here in West Texas on a huge oil complex its hard to find bargains -- BUT getting 32 280aH 3.2 batteries delivered door to door for for $3142 seems to be a good PRICE for me .. When I contact Sophia from Shenzan Basen 3 days ago she said the best she could do was :

32pcs EVE 3.2V 280ah

*Unit price:US$85/pc; 32pcs=US$2720

*Shipping cost:US$692,by sea&delivery, including customs clearance and taxes, shipping time is around 40-50 working days.(DDP)

TOTAL AMOUNT:USD3412

SOOOOO YEAH - 3142 VS. 3412 is what out here in Texas we call - BEER MONEY !!

Yeah I was just going to post the same -- I'm confused .. these are EVE cells ...

So here is what I have seen -- Even If they manufacturer their OWN cells -- if they manufacturer anything around 280 they call them EVE cells and anything approx 272aH they call them Lishen in the marketing slicks .. have no idea why they do that ...

I will say though -- that virtually every REAL 272aH LIshen cell that we have received in the last 6 months has tested more like 276-278 and every EVE cell has tested somewhere between 276-282 .. so saving 10-14 $$ and getting Lishen may be a better bang for your buck ..

Just finished testing my last batch of "Matched" cells and they all pop in between 282-285AH. These are Matched EVE-280's from Amy Wan of Luyuan, who get's them direct from EVE which does the matching testing & batching. They are more pricey but they stand up for themselves as being worth it. They stick together through the operational ranges and the IR does not deviate more than 2mOhms. She no longer uses Battery Brokers was more hassle than it was worth.

Just finished testing my last batch of "Matched" cells and they all pop in between 282-285AH. These are Matched EVE-280's from Amy Wan of Luyuan, who get's them direct from EVE which does the matching testing & batching. They are more pricey but they stand up for themselves as being worth it. They stick together through the operational ranges and the IR does not deviate more than 2mOhms. She no longer uses Battery Brokers was more hassle than it was worth.

If you’ve confirmed that Amy delivered you true matched cells that were tested and matched by EVE (the true underlying manufacturer), and deliver similar charge/discharge curves, that is fantastic.

Any new LiFePO4 cells I need will be coming from her.

Can you say how much you paid for the actual cells (shipping varies so doesn’t matter to me).

The key is having a sufficiently-large customer base to invest in the inventory levels that get EVE to pay attention to you (as well as the financing, though I suppose EVE can help with that if they are motivated).

If Amy has broken-through to prove that there is a viable business to establish selling true Grade-A direct-from-EVE cells at the retail level, that’s great news.

The battery brokers are reselling what EVE considers ti be garbage (or at least a headache)...

Maybe being stuck out here in West Texas on a huge oil complex its hard to find bargains -- BUT getting 32 280aH 3.2 batteries delivered door to door for for $3142 seems to be a good PRICE for me .. When I contact Sophia from Shenzan Basen 3 days ago she said the best she could do was :

32pcs EVE 3.2V 280ah

*Unit price:US$85/pc; 32pcs=US$2720

*Shipping cost:US$692,by sea&delivery, including customs clearance and taxes, shipping time is around 40-50 working days.(DDP)

TOTAL AMOUNT:USD3412

SOOOOO YEAH - [/b]3142 VS. 3412 is what out here in Texas we call - BEER MONEY !![/B]

Beer money for sure, perhaps even keg money with some barbecue on the side ;).

If memory serves it was $90per cell +/-, not the bulk cells, the matched ones.
I previously posted the QR Codes which are marked differently, so I'll repost it here.
ANY WAY - This ought to end here, it's a hijack eh.
EVE-New-280-QRCode.jpg

Last edited:
If memory serves it was $90per cell +/-, not the bulk cells, the matched ones
I previously posted the QR Codes which are marked differently, so I'll repost it here.
ANY WAY - This ought to end here, it's a hijack eh.
View attachment 42035

That’s only a ~16% premium over what I paid for my Battery-Broker supplied cells through Shenzen-Basen (which I am still struggling to match).

Absolute no-brainer (once you and a few others confirm you getting the real deal delivered to Amy directly by EVE and not through a Battery Broker).

Dawn of a new era!

At the end of last year, the price for 16 lishen 272's was $1,461 delivered to TX. I think Lishens were running a bit cheaper than eve's at the time.

Again ... I would love to go through Amy .. she has helped many of us - including me - out ... but with Amy is charging 4400 and about a dozen of these other guys are at 3412 .... to me - that's a damn big difference ...

And with that said - its OK if a battery or 2 is off by 0.05 volt or so -- I can usually fix that with TOP balancing ...

I do think its wrong to make the assumption that any other dealer (or what you call a Battery Broker) BUT Amy is going to providing B-Grade trash being sold as A-Grade ... EVE is a wholesale manufacturer - to become one of their vendors you can either apply and get on their preferred vendors list - or just go buy the batteries and mark them up and sell them to us folks outside of China that still will see that as a great deal ...

UNLESS you work directly for EVE and SELL directly from EVE - then YOU ARE a battery Broker ... and that's fine ... i think that some of you assume that Battery Brokers get nothing but Grade-B's and you have zero to base that own except personal feelings.

Then again maybe I have just got lucky with the over 500 that I have purchased from many various vendors. And i normally stick with a vendor UNTIL they start charging well above - or even above - what the avg is.

YES I will say 2 years ago there was allot of these ppl that were selling B's as A's ... but now I think with doing a little bit of homework you can separate the goats from the sheep ...

Anyway -- i will let you guys know in 30 days if my dropping 3412 was right ... but right or wrong - I just can't see spending $1200 MORE NO MATTER how much I/we like someone ...

Last edited:
Back