diy solar

diy solar

$3142.00 for (32) 280aH 3.2V GRADE A, Fresh Manufactured, DELIVERED by Alithor New Energy CO

Don’t worry, I’m taking it real slow and easy.

I’m trying one last attempt at gluing in a grubscrew with JB Weld before I abandon any hope of salvaging at M6 and either step up to M8 or try filling the hole with JB Weld and tapping a Helicoil thread into the Helicoil.

But I’ve got enough cells with grubscrews all fastened that I’ll start gearing up for my next test soon...

My goal is to have the system installed by June 1 when our Summer Peak billing rates kick in...
well one things for sure, when all is said and done, you‘ll be qualified to work on your and anyone elses’ system....You‘ll be a professional ee and will be out snoobing snoobler.

I read through some of that thread. I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me.

I thought you quoted $3379.60.

In that other thread, ghostwriter posted;

‘SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD was at 2948’

If ~10% savings don’t interest you, ignore my suggestion...

I thought you quoted $3379.60.

In that other thread, ghostwriter posted;

‘SHENZHEN STARMAX ENERGY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LTD was at 2948’

If ~10% savings don’t interest you, ignore my suggestion...
Gotcha, your link went to a specific post in the thread and I thought you were referring to that. I scrolled back to the top and now I understand. Thanks for sharing!

OK - so I will let you know how this turns out -- incredible price ... did allot of research into Alithor New Energy company and they are a BATTERY MANUFACTURER and not a reseller or vendor. They say that they will test each battery before shipping for all the tests that I require ... they sent pictures of how they package it -- i did everything I could to find a reason not to ... but honestly -- writing to them -- and talking to them -- I think I am going to be OK ... and $3142 is honestly a pretty damn good price for 32 of them ...

Their shipping cost was about $100 less ($432) since they say they ship so much to the US they get volume discounts ... so I just sent them $3142.00 (plus credit card use fee) (at least that way if they don't show up then VISA goes after them) ...

Anyway - will keep you guys updated - 30-45 days they say ...

ALSO as a sidenote this company -- Jerry from Shenzhen Mushang Electronics Co.,LTD, also reached out to me and stated that they would MEET whatever price Alithor was offering ... When i told him $3142 delivered he said NO PROBLEM ... They said that they were also a manufacturer ...

I tried to get a quota from Shenzhen Mushang Electronics Co.,LTD, and after a lengthy conversation they suddenly stopped responding... 8 hours now.
Will update if they respond, but for now it looks hella sketchy.

1618238263975.png

I ALSO found with Shenzhen Mushang Electronics that after about the 2nd question they just stopped responding ... my theory is that they sell good batteries but have limited English skills and not only have to translate but then send the questions to the ppl that they are buying the batterie's their from .. and after about the 2nd question figure that he has another 100 emails to catch up on so just walks away ... JUST my theory though ... Mushang has a good reputation - i think that they just have language/support issues ...

NO ,, BUT I did get a tracking email just yesterday that the ship has arrived in the LAX port .... so fingers crossed ....
Thanks for that.
Looking forward to your review when they arrive. I desperately need some cells, and the group buy seems to be going nowhere, so I'll be looking for an alternative supplier who actually has cells available for shipping.

Thanks for that.
Looking forward to your review when they arrive. I desperately need some cells, and the group buy seems to be going nowhere, so I'll be looking for an alternative supplier who actually has cells available for shipping.
OK ... so paid $2948 for (32) or $92.12 deleivered door to door for 3.2v 280aH ... they came in yesterday .... They were packaged good enough ... four per box ... it was doubled box and each cell wrapped in Styrofoam and tape ... ALL (32) batteries was right at 3.295 - 3.297v ...

i am running capacity test on 8 of them but that takes time since I have to do it between work calls ... right now 2 of them finished and they came in at 279 and 282 and 283 aH ....

Obviously they have some physical aesthetic things going on -- but seem to be acting like new GRADE A ... None of them have a QR code on them ... and one of them doesn't have the pressure breather cut out before they stuck the black top on .... but no damage -- and they came with some nice busbars and studs

With that said for the price I am extremely happy so far .... If any of the tests come up bad I will post immediately but so far so good ...

sorry for the dirt in the pics -- everything out here has oil soaked dirt on it ...

thumbnail5.jpgthumbnail4.jpgthumbnail3.jpgthumbnail2.jpgthumbnail1.jpg

Hello.
Can you please provide the link to Alibaba? The one in your post #8 shows as SLA batteries. Your batteries look like REPT cells.

I got a quote from Enya today for 16 cells deliverered for $1699 which equates to $106 / cell. Let me know how the cells are testing out.

Hello.
Can you please provide the link to Alibaba? The one in your post #8 shows as SLA batteries. Your batteries look like REPT cells.

This was the link I was chatting with Enya on which should be the same that Ghostwriter was talking to. Correct me if I’m wrong Ghost

This was the link I was chatting with Enya on which should be the same that Ghostwriter was talking to. Correct me if I’m wrong Ghost
That is from Starmax. I thought she bought from Alithor New Energy as stated in the title of the thread. an when I check out Alithor on Alibaba, it does not show that sell Lithium batt.

I purchased 32 cells from starmax. they're currently out of stock, but should have more at the end of the month.

took 11 days to ship out. now it's about 40 days until I have them

I ordered an 16 cell test batch also. 98 bucks each ddp. Took 7 days to get on the boat. It's just now passing Japan. 21 days as of today. Due to la port 29th. We shall see

Sorry Bud, I thought this was Ghosts’ other thread.

I purchased 32 cells from starmax. they're currently out of stock, but should have more at the end of the month.

took 11 days to ship out. now it's about 40 days until I have them
How much did you pay for your 32?

$80 each plus $560 shipping to Atlanta. But they said prices are going up

Back