diy solar

diy solar

$3142.00 for (32) 280aH 3.2V GRADE A, Fresh Manufactured, DELIVERED by Alithor New Energy CO

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil
OK - so I will let you know how this turns out -- incredible price ... did allot of research into Alithor New Energy company and they are a BATTERY MANUFACTURER and not a reseller or vendor. They say that they will test each battery before shipping for all the tests that I require ... they sent pictures of how they package it -- i did everything I could to find a reason not to ... but honestly -- writing to them -- and talking to them -- I think I am going to be OK ... and $3142 is honestly a pretty damn good price for 32 of them ...

Their shipping cost was about $100 less ($432) since they say they ship so much to the US they get volume discounts ... so I just sent them $3142.00 (plus credit card use fee) (at least that way if they don't show up then VISA goes after them) ...

Anyway - will keep you guys updated - 30-45 days they say ...

ALSO as a sidenote this company -- Jerry from Shenzhen Mushang Electronics Co.,LTD, also reached out to me and stated that they would MEET whatever price Alithor was offering ... When i told him $3142 delivered he said NO PROBLEM ... They said that they were also a manufacturer ...

Last edited:
Curious what tests they are doing. Having individual capacity tests on each cell seems like it would be a nice value add. A capacity test on each cell w soc mapped w ah’s and ir in a file would be even better. The price is in line w what lishen 272’s were going for when I bought at the first of the year, so a pretty good deal if they are throwing a bunch of test labor into the deal.

Did you get them with laser welded studs? .... one of their pictures showed that option.

Will keep my eyes on this thread. Very curious to learn about your experience.

OK - so I will let you know how this turns out -- incredible price ... did allot of research into Alithor New Energy company and they are a BATTERY MANUFACTURER and not a reseller or vendor. They say that they will test each battery before shipping for all the tests that I require ... they sent pictures of how they package it -- i did everything I could to find a reason not to ... but honestly -- writing to them -- and talking to them -- I think I am going to be OK ... and $3142 is honestly a pretty damn good price for 32 of them ...

Their shipping cost was about $100 less ($432) since they say they ship so much to the US they get volume discounts ... so I just sent them $3142.00 (plus credit card use fee) (at least that way if they don't show up then VISA goes after them) ...

ALSO as a sidenote this company -- Jerry from Shenzhen Mushang Electronics Co.,LTD, also reached out to me and stated that they would MEET whatever price Alithor was offering ... When i told him $3142 delivered he said NO PROBLEM ... They said that they were also a manufacturer ...

I just spent some time looking over their supplier listing on alibaba, and the store has 280AH EVE cells...perhaps a different listing from the same company?

Are they including bus bars? The listing also says price excludes busbars and bolts.

Thanks ghostwriter. This is great info. My best guess is you will be fine too. They'd be insane to do anything but their best for a large customer.

For a long time I thought I was the most cynical person on the planet, but after reading some posts on another thread, I'm no longer so sure.

Having said that, technically and legally and legitimately the companies you linked can claim to be Battery Manufacturers even though they buy the CELLS from a large manufacturer: CATL in the case of Mushang apparently. and whoever makes JOEO cells for Alithor (if it's not themselves)

It would seem like for large orders like yours the Alibaba sellers can get good shipping prices still.

From what I've seen, EVE has a plant in the US. They have not yet responded to my request for pricing and MOQ.

I'll definitely be very interested to see how your deal works out.

Are you allowed to post the link to what you ordered or got ?

sure it was this one ... https://thorbattery.en.alibaba.com/....html?spm=a2700.shop_oth.82.17.7e5741808wdHlM ... just drop them a note ... i am sure you will get the same deal I did .. for some reason the battery manufacturers (the ones that make it) seem to be lowering their price --

BUT I ordered 32 280aH 3.2 @ 85.30 each .. and shipping to south Texas was $432 ... comes with free busbars ansd screws ...

Are you allowed to post the link to what you ordered or got ?

Curious what tests they are doing. Having individual capacity tests on each cell seems like it would be a nice value add. A capacity test on each cell w soc mapped w ah’s and ir in a file would be even better. The price is in line w what lishen 272’s were going for when I bought at the first of the year, so a pretty good deal if they are throwing a bunch of test labor into the deal.

She said that they guarantee that the product is brand new and Each cell is tested for Voltage, internal resistance and capacity prior to shipment to ensure data is consistent and batteries are matched accordingly.

I did ... she offered and I said YES of course ...
Could you post some pictures of them when you get them with a close up of those studs. Some of the ones I have seen from other sources don't have much surface area.
M6 or M8?

I just spent some time looking over their supplier listing on alibaba, and the store has 280AH EVE cells...perhaps a different listing from the same company?

Are they including bus bars? The listing also says price excludes busbars and bolts.

YES .. it includes BusBars .... also - if you ever order batteries from anyone -- and it does not include busbars .. right before you order ask them if they will throw the busbars in for free -- 90% of them will in order for you to go ahead and push the button ...

Could you post some pictures of them when you get them with a close up of those studs. Some of the ones I have seen from other sources don't have much surface area.
M6 or M8?

I was told they were M6 ... anything larger and you start losing surface area ... YES like you I have seen some that looked like they were literally the size of the terminal

Can you get a datasheet out of them and post it here?

will do ....

YES .. it includes BusBars .... also - if you ever order batteries from anyone -- and it does not include busbars .. right before you order ask them if they will throw the busbars in for free -- 90% of them will in order for you to go ahead and push the button ...

the listing you linked calls them EVE cells. Look at the line item 2 on this screenshot. I scrolled down in your link.

F79F4FCB-7B18-454F-B42D-6E07AEBC60FF.png

She said that they guarantee that the product is brand new

Which they all say.

and Each cell is tested for Voltage, internal resistance

Which is easy to do, and I believe they pretty much all do.

and capacity prior to shipment to ensure data is consistent and batteries are [/b]matched[/b] accordingly.

Which takes time, costs the supplier money, and which is where you will discover whether they are all talk or actually making that investment.

If they provide you a report of capacity by cell and you confirm it’s accuracy through your own capacity tests, that’ll represent a true break-through (at this price point).

If you don’t get an actual capacity report by cell and your own capacity test finds one or two cells with lower capacity than the others, we’ll know it’s yet another Chinese reseller / trading company representing themselves as a battery ‘manufacturer’ and promising things they either don’t really understand or purposely misrepresent.

I’m hoping your optimism proves justified, I really am, I’m just a bit jaded after having heard virtually identical stories from 3 different resellers now that proved a disappointment...

Amy at least seems to have understood what we (Western Customers) are looking for as far as capacity testing/guarantee and appears to have reached an understanding with the actual cell manufacturer (EVE) to provide that service, so I’m more optimist that she will actually be able to deliver.

Yes, Amy definitely gets it. Her cells are priced higher, because "real new" always costs more so her costs are higher. Ghostwriter will likely be fine, and in her operating environment probably "real new" and perfectly balanced and matched are not as important a requirement, or maybe not a requirement at all, as long as the cells are not junk. And ghostwriter's seller would be crazy to not sell her the best they have, with no junk, for a significant order. Many of us, including me, buy a lot of items we use in our lives secondhand or used and we understand they are not "brand new", and they save us enough to be worth it. Every used car seller for example, not just dealers, tell you their car is "fine with no or only minor problems". You don't find out until often much later what the real condition is.

From what I've seen, EVE has a plant in the US. They have not yet responded to my request for pricing and MOQ.
I don't know of anyone manufacturing LFE cells in the US. EVE has what appears to be a small storage facility and an office. The photos you see of the factories on EVE's USA website are factories in China. If you do get a quote from their US division please let us know.

I don't see anything new here. Just another reseller claiming to manufacture cells and sell them as Grade A matched. The photos look like Lishen's to me. I don't see any EVE cells. Time will tell.

Which they all say.

Which is easy to do, and I believe they pretty much all do.

Which takes time, costs the supplier money, and which is where you will discover whether they are all talk or actually making that investment.

If they provide you a report of capacity by cell and you confirm it’s accuracy through your own capacity tests, that’ll represent a true break-through (at this price point).

If you don’t get an actual capacity report by cell and your own capacity test finds one or two cells with lower capacity than the others, we’ll know it’s yet another Chinese reseller / trading company representing themselves as a battery ‘manufacturer’ and promising things they either don’t really understand or purposely misrepresent.

I’m hoping your optimism proves justified, I really am, I’m just a bit jaded after having heard virtually identical stories from 3 different resellers now that proved a disappointment...

Amy at least seems to have understood what we (Western Customers) are looking for as far as capacity testing/guarantee and appears to have reached an understanding with the actual cell manufacturer (EVE) to provide that service, so I’m more optimist that she will actually be able to deliver.

Totally understand -- the only difference is that Amy is chargin 4400 and these guys are 3200 .... to me - thats a damn big difference ... but we will see ...

Back