diy solar

diy solar

32650 horizontal design and lengthways pcb.

Sharky722

With my 560ah eve cell project nearing completion I'm looking at the next battery project.

I'm thinking about a cylindrical design as a replacement for the 4x4 cranking/winching battery.

I came across this 32650 and lengthways pcb design and I like the look of it.
Has anyone done something similar and can point me in the direction of these boards and busbars. Not having much luck on alibaba or aliexpress. TIA .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200916-185843_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200916-185843_Gallery.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 25
The Peak has 32700 cells in a 4s5p, but they're not the screw-terminal version of the cell, just tabs soldered on. The cells work great.

Circuit board material (fiberglass?) is strong and cheap, but it's not conductive.

How many amps can the copper on those boards handle? Seems like it would be too expensive if thick enough. Copper's expensive... a 22 guage 12x12" sheet runs about $35.

Aluminum sheets might be an option ... a 12x12" AWG 12 sheet of 3003 runs about $12 (although aluminum might be tricky to work with as it oxides so quickly). Still, 5 sheets would be $60... pricey compared to busbars.

The Peak has 32700 cells in a 4s5p, but they're not the screw-terminal version of the cell, just tabs soldered on. The cells work great.

Circuit board material (fiberglass?) is strong and cheap, but it's not conductive.

How many amps can the copper on those boards handle? Seems like it would be too expensive if thick enough. Copper's expensive... a 22 guage 12x12" sheet runs about $35.

Aluminum sheets might be an option ... a 12x12" AWG 12 sheet of 3003 runs about $12 (although aluminum might be tricky to work with as it oxides so quickly). Still, 5 sheets would be $60... pricey compared to busbars.
Hi svets and thank you for the reply.
I like the peak box you've made that would come in handy at times I would imagine.

Those pcbs in the pic above, I'm starting to believe they are some sort of proprietary design and are not commonly available. I've seen similar marketing from a few different battery suppliers with almost word for word advertising this design. So im led to believe they have just bought into the design and are selling the same battery for different companies.

The pcb offers individual cell protection and is conductive through the series circuit connections and a balance connection on the top.
I've seen them advertised at around 200amp peak output.

Back