diy solar

diy solar

330w panel with an Imp under 9amps

DaGoose13

Does anyone know if they exist? Been trying to figure a way to max out a MPP Solar 6548 and they are what are recommended, but they appear to be an unicorn.

1633463070263.png

You should consider over-paneling.

You should consider over-paneling.
Can't get it over-paneled without going over on voltage or amperage when trying to design it out at STC unless I'm missing something.

So, from the 6548 manual, I can do 250v and 18amps per MPPT.

That's why I was trying to find a panel that was under 9amps, so I could run two parallel strings, but am coming up short.

Though after looking at their recommendation, they appear to be going over the amp limit also. :(

Could you provide a link to the manual for your specific inverter?
MPPT controllers typically have an input voltage spec and a spec for the most current they will output. They don't generally have an input current spec.

The 8000W (2x4000) is the most the inverter will use. It is not a limit on what the PV can provide.
The 18Amps is the max the inverter will draw on the PV input. It is not a limit on what the PV can provide.

The 8000W (2x4000) is the most the inverter will use. It is not a limit on what the PV can provide.
The 18Amps is the max the inverter will draw on the PV input. It is not a limit on what the PV can provide.
Gotcha.

The below is what has me confused. I think in the Note1, they have the wrong voltage/amp circuit breaker listed.

Step 1 is confusing also as it says not to have more than 18a connected.

1633520762217.png

Back