diy solar

diy solar

36 volt battery diy

Seanyboy

I ordered 3.2 lkfepo4 cells .would need advise for my batt bank. Shall I make 3 groups of 12 volts with 3 smaller bms . Or one big group 12 s 36 volt all on same bms. It is for trolling boat application. My first pick was to make a 36 volt 1 bank and use the boat output plug to hoockup charger to reload motor runs 36 volt max 60 ah.i whent for the overkill ah 200 cells. This way I will not miss any power on long we fishing trips off the grid. Thanks for the advise Sean.

I ordered 3.2 lkfepo4 cells .would need advise for my batt bank. Shall I make 3 groups of 12 volts with 3 smaller bms . Or one big group 12 s 36 volt all on same bms. It is for trolling boat application. My first pick was to make a 36 volt 1 bank and use the boat output plug to hoockup charger to reload motor runs 36 volt max 60 ah.i whent for the overkill ah 200 cells. This way I will not miss any power on long we fishing trips off the grid. Thanks for the advise Sean.

16 to be safe with variation between cells. I will make a 36 volt +1 12 volt pack more portable.

16 to be safe with variation between cells. I will make a 36 volt +1 12 volt pack more portable.
If it's for a boat, then I would opt for the smaller combinations. It's gotta be transported. Carrying 16 batteries all at once has to be difficult lol. What exact size batteries did u buy?

200ah. They will remain on boat for the summer. Planning to to ballence them spring and fall. I have a fairly big compartment on my 20 ft fishing boat. My question was more bms related . 3x 12 volt bms config or one 36 volt 80 ah bms..I will also have a breaker to protect minn Kota engine max 60ah. For charging I am ok at home with power outlet.my first guess was to find 36 volt charger and simply connect to engine plug to charge. Bms would take care of the rest daily. I am newbie with this so I rather ask for good advice.

200ah. They will remain on boat for the summer. Planning to to ballence them spring and fall. I have a fairly big compartment on my 20 ft fishing boat. My question was more bms related . 3x 12 volt bms config or one 36 volt 80 ah bms..I will also have a breaker to protect minn Kota engine max 60ah. For charging I am ok at home with power outlet.my first guess was to find 36 volt charger and simply connect to engine plug to charge. Bms would take care of the rest daily. I am newbie with this so I rather ask for good advice.
In my understanding, the more batteries u can keep balanced, the better life & health long term for the whole pack & prevents having to prematurely tear apart & replace a single bad cell.

As for whether u should use 3 BMSs or 1 I don't know. I haven't researched enough to know the benefits or downfalls to using more than 1. Sorry I'm not much help there

As for 36 volt lifepo4 cell chargers 10 to 30 amps where is the best location to find . If anyone have good advise. It can help me.

As for 36 volt lifepo4 cell chargers 10 to 30 amps where is the best location to find . If anyone have good advise. It can help me.

Like to do the same.
Ever come up with a system?

Back