diy solar

diy solar

360V DC input split phase 120V/240V AC inverter

where's the MACH-E tap ? heater as well ? I also used MC4, with a 20A inline as well. PowMr support says pre-charging the MPTT input is not necessarily, so my power up sequence was Bolt first, then circuit breaker on to MPTT. As mentioned, the PowMr display isn't so accurate

tested today with MPP-U5648GK inverter today, worked as expected. Though it was a little nerving as the manual has a blurp about it being a "non-isolated" inverter.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! 4 years after had start to look at an affordable split phase inverter with 400Vdc input, my EG4 6000XP is there.
Oups, I mean, my LuxPower SNA-US-6000 😉

20240315_092242.jpg20240315_092435.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. Skylit, a solar installer in Nova Scotia, Canada who install LuxPower inverters.
No store and they don't take credit card, so I was a bit stress during the three months of shipping.
Still, I have 2 in hands. Mine and the second for a friend at work who plan to use his Tesla 3 as battery back up.

Still, I have 2 in hands. Mine and the second for a friend at work who plan to use his Tesla 3 as battery back up.
where/how is your friend accessing the HVDC in the Tesla 3 ? wondering if it's similar on my 2016 90D, especially now that there is camping/pooch mode

He plan to develop proper module to use directly the NACS gun to power his inverter.
So, use the 400V DC pins of the outlet.
some serious CAN bus hacking, makes sense that the NACS is bi-direcitonal. Hopefully he'll share his progress

Back