diy solar

diy solar

4 new LiFePo4 cells and a Tracer 4251BN

davecason

Hi Folks,

I just got some new cells from a buddy and they now in a pack of 4 and ready to go. My question is on what to set the parameters for on the EPEVER Tracer 425 BN I can't find the "specs" on the batteries /cells? They are the standard 3.2V LiFePo4 cells from China and the capacity is 272 Ah and the cel voltage is 3.24v IR: 0.12 mOhm for what its worth.

I have it set for "USER" now and its at:
Set to USER now - Apr 8/23

Over Volt Disc. 16.0v
Charge Limit 15.0v
Over Vote Rec 15.0v
Equal Charge 14.7v
Boost Charge 14.7v
Float Charge 13.4v
Boost Rec 13.2v
Low Volt Rect 12.6v
Under Volt Rect 12.2v
Under Volt Warn 12.0v
Low Volt Disc 11.0v
Discharge Limet 10.0v
Equalize Time 0 mins
Boost Time 60 min
Batt Type = User
Batt AH = 272 AH

The attachment is from the manual showing the 4 types of batteries you can set in the Tracer 4251.

Battery type screen shot.png

Hi Folks,

I just got some new cells from a buddy and they now in a pack of 4 and ready to go. My question is on what to set the parameters for on the EPEVER Tracer 425 BN I can't find the "specs" on the batteries /cells? They are the standard 3.2V LiFePo4 cells from China and the capacity is 272 Ah and the cel voltage is 3.24v IR: 0.12 mOhm for what its worth.

I have it set for "USER" now and its at:
Set to USER now - Apr 8/23

Over Volt Disc. 16.0v
Charge Limit 15.0v
Over Vote Rec 15.0v
Equal Charge 14.7v 14.4V
Boost Charge 14.7v 14.4V
Float Charge 13.4v 13.5V
Boost Rec 13.2v
Low Volt Rect 12.6v
Under Volt Rect 12.2v
Under Volt Warn 12.0v
Low Volt Disc 11.0v
Discharge Limet 10.0v
Equalize Time 0 mins
Boost Time 60 min 30 min
Batt Type = User
Batt AH = 272 AH

The attachment is from the manual showing the 4 types of batteries you can set in the Tracer 4251.

See above

Hi Eggo, I'm trying to make sence of your post:

"you have a reputation for insulting people." | It's not Ohm's suggestion, it's Ohm's Law. | My advice is worth what you paid for it... maybe less | Unless otherwise specified, my advice is what I would do and may not comply with code | All assumptions/calculations should be checked for accuracy. My VRM.
How-to design a system: Irradiance by City and/or Simulate array at your location, Energy Audit.
Off-grid system performance.
On no... it's a smoke...
DIY Checklist
Victron Wiring Unlimited
Grounding/Earthing
Have you seen me?

I have never been on this forum before so I dunno what you talking about: "you have a reputation for insulting people."
I just joined the site today.

Anyway, that bit about Ohms is what's printed on the battery:
- 3.2V
- LiFePo4
- 272 Ah
- 3.24v
- IR: 0.12 m(shows an Ohm symbol on the cell

Cheers'
Dave

Oh no, I saw and expanded that and saw the info you typed in - thanks for that !
But that is a very odd sig file ! (grin)

Cheers'
Dave

Back