diy solar

diy solar

400a daly bms not turning on

I payed $600Au for the 8s 400a bms so Not saving money at all, there are sadly no other options in that current range that i know of that are higher quality if there were id happily pay $1000 for something rock solid reliable. Daly has said light board should activate bms if in sleep mode but it does not. They also said to set timer to 65535 to disable sleep mode. i will try that. I did try 65535 once in the past and it shutdown the bms and took me days to re activate so thats why i went to the 15300 option but this time it seems to have saved the setting and remained active for now.
Sounds defective, you should contact Daly for a replacement (not an uncommon occurrence with Daly).
I hope you used a credit card.

Electrodacus with a high current relay might be a better choice for 24v at 400 amps. Or a Chargery.

Did you try the two different settings in the post I linked for you to read?

"In the Daly 4S BMS, the sleeptime 15300 should permanently prevent the BMS from falling asleep. In the 16S DALY BMS the sleeptime must be set to 65535 to permanently prevent it from sleeping."

Really, I looked it up and gave the link.

I don't know which BMS you have, but the 15300 is for the 4s 12v model only. 65535 for all others.
Just spoke to Daly and they have a bluetooth module now with activate button. so for $10 i have ordered one and hopefully the button works unlike the light board. and hopefully makes life easier next time the bms decides to be a PITA

Daly is NOT a lower priced BMS, just FYI.
The 2 Dalys i bought were significantly cheaper than the 2 Overkills that I replaced them with.
$600AU is quite spendy! I live in a simpler world where a 12V 120A BMS is plenty.

On a different note, what purpose does the timeout serve? I cannot imagine a situation where the BMS ever stops protecting my cells.

The 2 Dalys i bought were significantly cheaper than the 2 Overkills that I replaced them with.
$600AU is quite spendy! I live in a simpler world where a 12V 120A BMS is plenty.

On a different note, what purpose does the timeout serve? I cannot imagine a situation where the BMS ever stops protecting my cells.
According to Daly, it wakes back up on charge or discharge, the intent is power saving. It does work that way for me, but it seems a common problem.

Sounds defective, you should contact Daly for a replacement (not an uncommon occurrence with Daly).
I hope you used a credit card.

Electrodacus with a high current relay might be a better choice for 24v at 400 amps. Or a Chargery.
I did launch a dispute over all the issues i had with it. sadly it ended with a $6 refund and closed so now i cant launch another as far as i know.

According to Daly, it wakes back up on charge or discharge, the intent is power saving. It does work that way for me, but it seems a common problem.
I could never wake it up with charge or discharge ether.

I did launch a dispute over all the issues i had with it. sadly it ended with a $6 refund and closed so now i cant launch another as far as i know.
I don't know about Australia, but in the USA Citybank and others often extend warranties on products purchased with their credit card. You can also document the problems and try to do a charge back if you used a credit card. A prior dispute is evidence you tried to work out the problem, and it still exists.

Welp cant believe i never noticed this but one light board button pin is gone. and its not in the ligt board plug so its been gone the whole time from factory. daly as usual is just giving me the brick wall circle loop of useless responses. since i already had a failed dispute i cant lodge anything to be compensated for this problematic bms. I give up. i sold it half what it cost to someone who is willing to tinker with it and i am going to try an electrodacus bms sbms0 instead to control my system. for smaller projects i think will try jbd/overkill from now on.

Attachments

• 217945895_1006113570227915_694687993475611644_n.jpg
    217945895_1006113570227915_694687993475611644_n.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 3
Update. the new Bluetooth module with activate button. Works. Why don't daly just include the BT or Light Board and state the button is needed for activation instead of people having to purchase separate and wasting time trying to activate with the other methods that don't work a lot of the time.

My 4S would not turn on either following all suggestions
The supplier sent me the Lightboard and hey presto all go.

Update. the new Bluetooth module with activate button. Works. Why don't daly just include the BT or Light Board and state the button is needed for activation instead of people having to purchase separate and wasting time trying to activate with the other methods that don't work a lot of the time.
My 500a unit is shot. I included a post about it but essentially Bluetooth quit working when I was jumping it, and later while running a heavy load it turned off for good.
Light bar, BT, Jumping, SinoWealth, none of it will turn mine on again.
Who did you sell yours to for tinkering??

Back