diy solar

diy solar

400A DC Breakers

rfbuehler

I bought 4 of these breakers but changed the way I was connecting my system. They have never been used.

Two are in original boxes two are open.

230.00 for all 4 shipping included to lower 48 states.

Link to breakers

Sounds like a good deal. Add your location to the listing title as it often helps sell your item.

When I follow the link, it isn't completely clear if it is really rated for DC use ( by the markings on the breaker ) or if the seller is being optimistic about using it with DC.

Is there more info anywhere?

These are basically the same as the Watts24/7 breakers(rebadged). If the insides are the same they are DC breakers because of the “arc chute”. This is what I found inside my 200amp Watts version.
B847A15A-07E4-4511-9F81-40AAA255DD51.jpeg25CE5D8D-E70B-44F7-B568-5D5253A892B0.jpeg

I might have a use for these breakers if they’re still for sale.

Looks like I’m just down the road from you.

These are basically the same as the Watts24/7 breakers(rebadged). If the insides are the same they are DC breakers because of the “arc chute”. This is what I found inside my 200amp Watts version.
View attachment 146621View attachment 146622
Can you explain what we are seeing in those pictures and if they are good or bad. Personally I would only use UL listed breaker or if they are not UL-Listed at least from companies with reputation for build quality. For example i'll trust this used Eaton 400a breaker than I would this new DHool unit.

Back