diy solar

diy solar

40s BMS with high amperage suggestions

rjo71342

i have a project being designed for an off grid solar ev charger,
the hardware being used is a selectronics sp pro SPLC1202 so needing to create a 120 volt(depleted 100 volt) -(full charged 170 volt) battery bank(300 kwh)
but because i need to drain 350 amp per cell every hour(14k amps) out of 700ah cells, or 44.8kw every hour per bank of 40 cells with a 10% buffer. but need to have bluetooth and rs485 and can bus options as i have to parallel 7 banks into 1 to make a 313.6 kwh pack

so suggestion on how to do the 40s BMS and also the high amperage because between all 7 packs need to get 21kw off each 40 cells bms pack.

Are you trying to build a rapid-charger for an EV car (fast charge from a stationary pack)? Is that what I'm understanding?

Will battery temperature become a factor due to high C-rates?

Perhaps I might look into using Tesla OEM modules and use the EVTV battery controller module (which uses CANBUS comm bus to talk to multiple Tesla OEM BMSs on each of their factory modules)

Tesla packs have provisions for liquid cooling too (copper water channels running along cells), so it could be plumbed in and used to control cell/module temperature.

EV batteries like this do use cobalt-chemistry so some say is best to put them in an outbuilding not connected to your main house or structure (in case they ever were to experience thermal runaway it can't burn your main structure down)...

If that is not acceptable, there are BMS solutions like this style, where they use serial wired BMSs, and are scaleable up to 255 cells, so it could do 40 cells wide no problem.

Back