diy solar

diy solar

420Ah Cells on Aliexpress!?

ksmithers

Has anyone seen or tested these? Wondering what their actual capacity/quality is. I would like to order a set of batteries to start my DIY battery build for our new RV. I have zero experience with Aliexpress so, naturally, I have reservations. The issues I keep running into are individual cell capacity vs shipping. Adding more lower capacity batteries adds so much in shipping cost, upping the individual cell capacity is the only economical way to keep shipping & overall cost down. I would like to be able to run the rooftop AC unit (1500-1600w running). So, I figure a minimum 7kw battery array should last the better part of the night. BUT these cells could easily power that load with room to spare at 420Ah/cell...mo powa baby!

Hi,

I may have miscalculated, but the capacity increase from say EVE 280Ah is 50%, the volume increase is 11%, and the weight increase is 4% (rounded up).

What are the chances?

Maybe their size/weight specs are incorrect (IE. Copy & paste from another cell description?)

There was a guy selling 400Ah cells in Western Australia, and they were 500mm high (IIRC). Can't remember the width & depth, though I thought they were roughly the same as EVE.

dRdoS7

EDIT: The 400Ah were 520 x 130 x 79, and weighed 10kg.

Last edited:
We’ve definitely seen specification creativity with regards to ‘grade A’ cells, this listing is possibly taking that to new levels.

The biggest positive development I’m looking for is a fully constructed battery pack from a known good seller.

Anyone else see the side of the cell where it says 400ah, clear as day?

Huge red flag for me with this seller. Maybe in the future with a more reputable company backing it...
1620274670764.png

LMBO "Lithium iron shell", unheard of energy density....And a new chemistry matrix that will not be harmed if charged at -5 Celsius (23F).

That's exactly what I needed to hear lol. You guys all brought up very valid points. I did find some other 400Ah cells from another EV supplier but they're MUCH bigger and MUCH more expensive. Thank you everyone for the input!

Maybe they squeezed 4x105ah in one case instead one big one. 4x105=420..
Buy,test,test,publish on yt. Then we know for shure.

"specification creativity"...
yep...you really do have to admire far east marketing teams that embraced this creativity. Once they realized most people do not bother to think if whats on the label is even possible...they really let the big numbers fly hehe
I am thinking we will see "compact" 500Ah batteries for the holidays!!!

0EECC3BD-0C6D-4B15-B73B-594787BE405C.pngLike damn, I am waiting for my 8 310 amp hours to come in. And I just stumbled on these.If these r legit I wish I would have waited a month!

Im glad theyre bogus, Id have buyers remorse over 280s.

Last edited:
This is nothing compared to lumens claims on flashlights. "100000000 lumens" on $15 lights that run on 3x aaa...(I have a true 5000 lumen light, BLF Q8- takes a huge chunk of heatsink and 4x18650, but wont get near 5k lm without the right hi drain 18650s) Or how about cheap binoculars... "120x power" which if true would render them unusable even with a tripod.
In short numbers sell never mind if they make sense or not.

the specs are from a ~280Ah battery. Doubtful those specs match a 400-420Ah version. these are unlikely to put out 420Ah, and the seller is likely to make you provide so much evidence for you to get any $ back it's not worth your time. don't be a sucker

View attachment 48704Like damn, I am waiting for my 8 310 amp hours to come in. And I just stumbled on these.If these r legit I wish I would have waited a month!

DANG,, you gotta link to these dudes.. :) so that brings up a question.. I am going to upgrade my house batteries which are currently 2 6v 220 Ah trojan t-105s.. I have 460 watts on solar on airstream and a 335 watt on camper shell of pickup. we are heading to alaska next year and know boondocking or limited hookup will be the norm.. I was looking at getting 4 of the 280 ah and now that i see these 410ah.

is it better to have several smaller units.. say 2 of the 280 ah vs one big unit.. in case something happens and replacement is needed.

Back