diy solar

diy solar

420Ah Cells on Aliexpress!?

DANG,, you gotta link to these dudes.. :) so that brings up a question.. I am going to upgrade my house batteries which are currently 2 6v 220 Ah trojan t-105s.. I have 460 watts on solar on airstream and a 335 watt on camper shell of pickup. we are heading to alaska next year and know boondocking or limited hookup will be the norm.. I was looking at getting 4 of the 280 ah and now that i see these 410ah.

is it better to have several smaller units.. say 2 of the 280 ah vs one big unit.. in case something happens and replacement is needed.
It's a scam and good luck trying to get all your money back.

i found it.. seems they only sell a 8 pack.. i only need 4.. or only have room for 4 of any Ah that is this size or smaller.

I will be in raleigh NC area later this year,, full time RV out west currently heading east.. and might order the 8 pack to sell or spilt with
someone that needs 4 like me..

whats a scam?? the batteries?

Buy them and find out. The store also has ZERO feedback.
Ask the seller for how much each battery weights and also ask for real spec sheet.
As you can see, it has the same weight and dimension for 280Ah battery.
If you look at the sticker in pix 1, 2, and 4, it shows 280Ah, not 420Ah.
According to the link:

Product specifications

Product name: Lithium phosphate iron
Grade: Grade A
Quality: brand new
Material: Aluminum
Rated capacity: 420Ah
Minimum capacity: 420Ah

Internal impedance: 0.1~0.5mΩ
Rated voltage: 3.2V
Size (L * W * H): 205* 75 *180mm (+/-10mm)
Battery weight: close to 5.1kg

Recommended current constant: 420A (1C)
Discharge termination voltage: 2.5V
Recommended constant current: 420A (1C)
Charging voltage: 3.65V
Maximum continuous discharge current: 420A (1C)
Life cycle (90% DOD): 6000
Charging temperature: -5~60°C

Last edited:
so i took your advice and asked for more info.. lets see how that goes.. in looking at the picture i did notice the difference on the labels as well.. some looked poorly photoshopped? to me.

i found it.. seems they only sell a 8 pack.. i only need 4.. or only have room for 4 of any Ah that is this size or smaller.

I will be in raleigh NC area later this year,, full time RV out west currently heading east.. and might order the 8 pack to sell or spilt with
someone that needs 4 like me..

Doesn't the badly printed 'CE' sticker covering the code ring alarm bells?

in looking at the picture i did notice the difference on the labels as well.. some looked poorly photoshopped? to me.

Bingo!

The "42" is bigger than the "0"

You don't suppose these guys would ship cells clearly labeled "280 Ah" after taking the time to doctor pictures in the ad?
Would have been so much cleaner to order counterfeit labels.

I think the price is a premium over what people are now paying for honestly marketed 280 Ah cells.

Try not to be the one born this minute.

whats a scam?? the batteries?
What hes doing is trying to gain an edge on all the other 280ah cell sellers by labelling and listing them as 420ah. Theres no free lunch or magic beans, if its the size of a 280ah it cant be significantly more.
If hes this dishonest and playing customers for suckers what else will he pull?

Bingo!

The "42" is bigger than the "0"

You don't suppose these guys would ship cells clearly labeled "280 Ah" after taking the time to doctor pictures in the ad?
Would have been so much cleaner to order counterfeit labels.

I think the price is a premium over what people are now paying for honestly marketed 280 Ah cells.

Try not to be the one born this minute.

Buy them and find out. The store also has ZERO feedback.
Ask the seller for how much each battery weights and also ask for real spec sheet.
As you can see, it has the same weight and dimension for 280Ah battery.
If you look at the sticker in pix 1, 2, and 4, it shows 280Ah, not 420Ah.
According to the link:

Product specifications

Product name: Lithium phosphate iron
Grade: Grade A
Quality: brand new
Material: Aluminum
Rated capacity: 420Ah
Minimum capacity: 420Ah

Internal impedance: 0.1~0.5mΩ
Rated voltage: 3.2V
Size (L * W * H): 205* 75 *180mm (+/-10mm)
Battery weight: close to 5.1kg

Recommended current constant: 420A (1C)
Discharge termination voltage: 2.5V
Recommended constant current: 420A (1C)
Charging voltage: 3.65V
Maximum continuous discharge current: 420A (1C)
Life cycle (90% DOD): 6000
Charging temperature: -5~60°C
LOL look at the life cycles too... A bit optimistic?

I played around with used 280Ah cells with the overkill BMS and got about 230Ah out of them which I considered pretty good. Supplier refunded me $160 on Alibaba which I was surprised about :) haha never thought I would see any money.
The 420Ah intrigued me too and I ordered a patch and they should arrive in July latest beg. August.

Knowing that they might have their specs wrong I am expecting about 320Ah which is still pretty good price if that tests to be true...
I did similar calculations on battery volume increase and weight increase from the specs they have published on the website and it seems that their batteries for some reason have a higher energy density per spec compared to others. That also made me want to know what is behind all this. Also want to know if they really are grade A.

If y'all are interested I will post my findings here :)

PS: I am trying to find a BMS where the low temp sensor works other than overkill, do you guys know one? I tested Daly and high temp worked great but low temp at 7 Fahrenheit did not work as Will Prowse analyzed in his videos.

PPS: Above mentioned supplier/manufacturer on Alibaba Exliporc New Energy (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. has around 200 280Ah cells in Chicago now which means a few days US shipping if y'all are interested... talk to Gina, her English is pretty good and she is interested in more fair business.

Last edited:
If you would consider a contactor control BMS .... the temp sensors work well on the Chargery.

They are supposed to be introducing new upgraded models, but it seems the chip shortage has slowed them down.

I played around with used 280Ah cells with the overkill BMS and got about 230Ah out of them which I considered pretty good. Supplier refunded me $160 on Alibaba which I was surprised about :) haha never thought I would see any money.
The 420Ah intrigued me too and I ordered a patch and they should arrive in July latest beg. August.

Knowing that they might have their specs wrong I am expecting about 320Ah which is still pretty good price if that tests to be true...
I did similar calculations on battery volume increase and weight increase from the specs they have published on the website and it seems that their batteries for some reason have a higher energy density per spec compared to others. That also made me want to know what is behind all this. Also want to know if they really are grade A.

If y'all are interested I will post my findings here :)

PS: I am trying to find a BMS where the low temp sensor works other than overkill, do you guys know one? I tested Daly and high temp worked great but low temp at 7 Fahrenheit did not work as Will Prowse analyzed in his videos.

PPS: Above mentioned supplier/manufacturer on Alibaba Exliporc New Energy (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. has around 200 280Ah cells in Chicago now which means a few days US shipping if y'all are interested... talk to Gina, her English is pretty good and she is interested in more fair business.

that would be super cool to see the cap of the big ones.. on the off chance they do test out at 420ah that would be one hell of a deal.. i was looking at 280 or 310 for RV as well..
thanks

You may be interested in this thread about US warehouse batteries supplier, I hope she will answer some questions.

Btw I have tracking numbers on 32 of those cells. I'll measure them and capacity test them and let y'all know.

The picture depicts "
An alternative is Lishen 150ah cells with M6 studs that are currently in stock and ready to ship. These will test out at around 155ah, and two of them are teh same size as one of the 272ah cells. So, you could pack 310ah into the same space that they 272ah cells would give you 280ah+. However, you may need an additional bms or two and, of course, more work doing the build.

32 Lishen 150ah cells $1,747.20"...

We've ordered a set of 4 of these cells to test. Very, very curious.
If they fail we'll be sure to claw our money back (or attempt to) - paid by credit card.

We asked the seller:
"Hi. Regarding your 420ah cells. The photos show them to be 400ah, not 420ah. Can you confirm what their capacity is please. Have they actually tested out at 420ah (your description does say minimum capacity of 420ah)"

Their answer:
"Hello, dear friend, this battery is 420A. The photo shows that 400A is not its actual capacity. Our battery has been tested and the lowest capacity is 420A. The quality of the battery is very good. Please rest assured to buy, thank you"

...so, can't wait to get them to either be very pleasantly surprised or expectedly disappointed ;)
..and yes, we will post a full review

Back