diy solar

diy solar

420Ah Cells on Aliexpress!?

PS: I am trying to find a BMS where the low temp sensor works other than overkill, do you guys know one? I tested Daly and high temp worked great but low temp at 7 Fahrenheit did not work as Will Prowse analyzed in his videos.

PPS: Above mentioned supplier/manufacturer on Alibaba Exliporc New Energy (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. has around 200 280Ah cells in Chicago now which means a few days US shipping if y'all are interested... talk to Gina, her English is pretty good and she is interested in more fair business.
Really looking forward to your tests on the 420Ah batteries. I know that RGIvy has some on order as well. Thanks to both of you for taking the leap.

Overkill and JBD appear to be very similar (as in the same).

I have 2 of the JBD's with bluetooth modules that cost around $75. They work very well. Takes a couple of weeks from Ali and occasionally there is a seller on ebay as well. They have two sensors, one on board the BMS (for high temp), and one wired for low temp. So far they are working great.

Don't buy! Cells have 240Ah - not 420Ah.
Seller will not acept any shown evidence for that.
See attached files - and make your own mind about it.

His response: Hello dear friend
Your measurement is inaccurate, and the charger shows the capacity of the battery used in this charge.
The charging data of the battery in different stages is different. It cannot represent the actual capacity of the battery.
If you can’t provide a strong proof, we will not be able to claim against the supplier

Writing me again: I DIScharged from 3,65V to 2,5V and got 240Ah. Seller doesn't know what he is talking about.

Youtube-Video from discharge - 2 Frames per minute (about 10 hours in fast forward).

Be warned

Andreas

Attachments

• Cell3.PNG
    Cell3.PNG
    266.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Cell3_2.PNG
    Cell3_2.PNG
    49 KB · Views: 43
  • Cell3_3.PNG
    Cell3_3.PNG
    675.5 KB · Views: 44
Thanks Andreas.

My bubble of optimism has been burst. But my wallet feels more secure.

In the mean time...

... the stores have now magically consolidated, as #910805014, and so has the product. Now all are listed at $600.17, and it appears that the shown label now looks more professional.

This story gets better every day. Oh well, guess I'll order the 380Ah. Since they are black wrapped, they must be legit. LOL

Your measurement is inaccurate, and the charger shows the capacity of the battery used in this charge.
The charging data of the battery in different stages is different. It cannot represent the actual capacity of the battery.
If you can’t provide a strong proof, we will not be able to claim against the supplier

Writing me again: I DIScharged from 3,65V to 2,5V and got 240Ah. Seller doesn't know what he is talking about.

Youtube-Video from discharge - 2 Frames per minute (about 10 hours in fast forward).

Be warned

Andreas
Did you pay by credit card? If so, hopefully you can claw it back.

We paid by credit card in the hope that if we can prove the product fails specs we can attempt to claw it back. This is partly why we specifically asked the seller about the capacity so we have it in writing. That may or may not help.

.... looking forward to getting my cells .... but just because I'm a masochist :LOL:

That's a damn shame. I would have expected them to test at least in the 270ah-280ah range.

Dispute it with your CC. And thanks for the info.

We've ordered a set of 4 of these cells to test. Very, very curious.
If they fail we'll be sure to claw our money back (or attempt to) - paid by credit card.

We asked the seller:
"Hi. Regarding your 420ah cells. The photos show them to be 400ah, not 420ah. Can you confirm what their capacity is please. Have they actually tested out at 420ah (your description does say minimum capacity of 420ah)"

Their answer:
"Hello, dear friend, this battery is 420A. The photo shows that 400A is not its actual capacity. Our battery has been tested and the lowest capacity is 420A. The quality of the battery is very good. Please rest assured to buy, thank you"

...so, can't wait to get them to either be very pleasantly surprised or expectedly disappointed ;)
..and yes, we will post a full review
Just out of curiosity, which store did you order these from?

Does nobody else see the anagram?
Esare—> erase.
I was so close to buy these multiple times. Thanks for your advice!

Does nobody else see the anagram?
Esare—> erase.
I was so close to buy these multiple times. Thanks for your advice!
That is my Intention.
WE do all help each other out here.
I made a mistake by ordering there cells and I want to protect potential buyers from this b*stard and his store.

And when noone buys These cells any more, the problem solves itself. That's my Intention.

Dont waste your money also, as I did. And by the way: I had not enough evidence to get some money back. Aliexpress wasn't a help at all. Money gone - experience gained. And warned you - that's All I can do.

Cheers
Andy

Sellers are trying to lower expectations, in the specifications sections they say

• Nominal Capacity: >3500mAh.
    thats 3.5 amp hours, less than 1% of advertised capacity. Any more test results out there?

We tested our "420ah" cells at 240ah. So less than 60% of stated capacity.
We've done four tests - same results. Two different smartshunts and four testers.

Getting a little philosophical John Ruskin once wrote, “It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. “

View attachment 48704Like damn, I am waiting for my 8 310 amp hours to come in. And I just stumbled on these.If these r legit I wish I would have waited a month!
Let's see, 420ah...4pcs. It's not telling you how to configure the batteries, it just suggests. In series it's not false advertising, but creative. Try looking at it as four 105ah X 4 (3.2v) = 420ah (at 3.2v). Buy four lots, and you'll have that 12v 420ah battery that only cost you $2337.88, buy eight lots and you can make a 24v battery.

Let's see, 420ah...4pcs. It's not telling you how to configure the batteries, it just suggests. In series it's not false advertising, but creative. Try looking at it as four 105ah X 4 (3.2v) = 420ah (at 3.2v). Buy four lots, and you'll have that 12v 420ah battery that only cost you $2337.88, buy eight lots and you can make a 24v battery.
That's all correct except the part I highlighted ... should be parallel .... I think you knew that by your calculations.

Be warned

Andreas
Andreas thanks! you beat me to it.....

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! 420Ah
I got the 420 AH 8 piece order and It took 4 months for only one of the 4 cell packages to show up. the other one is still missing. I have a 24V setup and needed the other 4 but for now I started testing the cells with my 12V overkill solar BMS. The top balancing went well and all cells started at 3.63V. When charging from about 50% I only used 120AH and that already gave me the hint. The main reason I bought them was that I wanted to uncover the truth about those cells and share with the community. The shop on Alibaba is only a reseller and they repeatedly told me the 420Ah where correct and that they accomplish that with higher density within the cells and different technology that they can't disclose, well now we know!
My final test will be completed tomorrow but I am just at 205AH and the voltage is down to 12.7 and per cell 3.180 so close to 15-20% of the capacity. So I will not make it past 300Ah which means the batteries are a scam. On top of that the shipping was terrible. Those cells have the laser attached bolts on them that break off easily and they packaged the cells so poorly that when the package was upside down the terminals aka screws got the full load. that not only bent the top of the battery but most screws where bent and 80% detached since they were at an angle only one side was still attached. I had to fix one cell by drilling out the terminal and tapping the hole to set a new bolt.
One thing I have to mention is that I bought the cells for 1200 and AliExpress refunded me 700 based on the late delivery and the damaged cells. the shop agreed to this mediation which speaks for AliExpress. The shop simply is trying to make money by marketing wrong capacity that they have not verified and do not want to.
Tomorrow I will give you the exact capacity but i would not recommend the esare cells and especially the Shop910787018 Store since they are the ones packaging the cells. Not sure who created the artsy labels showing 420Ah but hey usually if it is too good to be true it usually isn't. Hope this helps you to make your decision, thanks Rob

Has anyone seen or tested these? Wondering what their actual capacity/quality is. I would like to order a set of batteries to start my DIY battery build for our new RV. I have zero experience with Aliexpress so, naturally, I have reservations. The issues I keep running into are individual cell capacity vs shipping. Adding more lower capacity batteries adds so much in shipping cost, upping the individual cell capacity is the only economical way to keep shipping & overall cost down. I would like to be able to run the rooftop AC unit (1500-1600w running). So, I figure a minimum 7kw battery array should last the better part of the night. BUT these cells could easily power that load with room to spare at 420Ah/cell...mo powa baby!

Too good to be true! I am in the middle of testing them will post my finding tomorrow, but short story is the half the cells arrived damaged , other half is missing. the terminals where bent and broken due to insufficient packaging. I managed to repair terminals and tested similar to Andreas results, will post my data tomorrow. Around 240Ah, so maybe one of the sales guys at AliExpress is dyslexic and switched the 4 and the 2 :), well my heart wants to believe that anyways....

Back