diy solar

diy solar

$450AUD 100Ah Access LifePo4 On ebay Australia. Any one tried them?

vk2emp

These appear to be easily dismantled, and the construction suggests they contain Aluminium encased LifePo4 cells, not a bunch of 18650's etc. They come in a nice steel case too. The BMS appears to be a run of the mill ebay job, but you could easily replace it with a Daly, DIY BMS or even a batrium if you wanted to.

Wonder if they live up to their capacity?

edit: Forgot the ebay link:

Cost wise these add up to about the same price as a set of 100Ah cells from Ali shipped, Plus you get a nice case, voltmeter and BMS thrown in, and the battery assembled. The good thing is that the auction suggests these would arrive in days, not months. If no one has tried one, I'll buy one next week and put it through its paces.

Last edited:
They look very interesting, I might buy one for my 12v fridge for when i go camping if you give a good recommendation.

Ive recently gone off grid and bought some Solar King batteries but like the idea af being repairable and a metal case.

Thats what I like, and it means easier to work in a 24V/48V bms should you decide to series connect them - ditch the supplied bms and use your own.

Just had a closer look at the people selling them. Located in australia (I'm a ham and have bought antenna's from them before), they are also selling Victron gear. They also sell SolarKing batteries which are known to be good on many aussie forums. They only negative feedback about a battery I can see in the last month is one getting shipped to the wrong address, not being sub par performance or quality wise.

Just waiting for them to answer the question about wether they can be hooked in series (they don't work weekends), then I will decide to order or not. Probably will and just ditch the stock bms.

Last edited:
That BMS almost looks like a JBD (Overkill) but can't be sure from the pics. Assuming it is, I would ask them if it has the capability to have Bluetooth added to use the Xiaoxiang app, even if they won't supply it you could add it yourself.

Would be very interested to hear how it goes if you did buy one or if you get any additional info from the vendor.

Yeah thats what I thought - JBD, and I was thinking since I have a tonne of JST-XH connectors, it wouldn't be hard to add the bluetooth connector if it is missing. Regardless, I plan to buy one, check its capacity, and if its up to snuff, buy 3 more and make a 100Ah 48V pack, even if I need to replace the BMS.

I will do a video unboxing, and am just about to make a battery testing station comprising a Victron smart shunt, bus bars, 3 resistors on a perko switch (selectable 12/24/48V range) and a heat gun. I already have a 12V Victron inverter, and a 48V one, will grab a 24V one as well.

FWIW those Perko switches are not typically rated for the voltages we run on a 48v nominal system.

If you have found one rated high enough please post a link.

There are many on ebay which go up to 60V. I have not drawn huge currents through them, max is about 60A at 48V, and 80A at 12V. They are rated to 300A, so I guess I am only using them to 1/3 their rating.

Edit: the batteries cannot be hooked in series, according to the seller. This can only be the BMS, so you can only use them as 12V units unless you replace the BMS.

Last edited:
There are many on ebay which go up to 60V. I have not drawn huge currents through them, max is about 60A at 48V, and 80A at 12V. They are rated to 300A, so I guess I am only using them to 1/3 their rating.

Edit: the batteries cannot be hooked in series, according to the seller. This can only be the BMS, so you can only use them as 12V units unless you replace the BMS.
I purchased 2 of these batteries back in February and have them set up in parallel. I did a basic capacity test and it showed full capacity so I was happy. A mate also purchased 2 of these batteries and was told the reason why they were selling them so cheap was because of their odd shape making them difficult as drop in AGM replacements.
Cheers Brad

Parallel still only ends up with a 12V battery. I was looking for the ability to connect 4 in series for 48V. Good to know you can parallel them though :)

I will be buying one to examine this week. I know I'll void the warranty the instant I open it, but I'll test it first with my smart shunt and victron 12V inverter. Then charge it back up with my frankenstien 60V psu into a 35A victron SCC.

Edit: out of stock. Oh well ;)

Last edited:
Back