diy solar

diy solar

48 volt All In One Advice

I really think either 2/3rds of your system is to big, or 1/3 is way to small (battery). You have a system that will probably generate 10kw of power on a good sunny day (5 hours), and inverter that will power up to 5000w continuous, and you have effectively 2000w of battery to play with after the sun goes down.
What would you suggest?. I'm trying to have as much power as possible with solar panels and would rather have too much than not enough?????

Either more or bigger batteries are all your are missing. Or add shore power/generator to the mix. Right now you can probably use 2kw of power an hour with just the panels, and surge up to 6500w with the batteries for 20-30 minutes, but once the sun goes down you are stuck trying to stretch (edit) 4kw of power from sun down to sun up (12+ hours). So either more battery or grid/generator supplement.

Do you know what mini split is best for power consumption off hand?
I'm looking at the Mr. Cool 12k for my small shop. It's going to eat 500w an hour though, so I don't have enough battery right now to get through the night (I have ~24v 250ah)

What would you suggest?. I'm trying to have as much power as possible with solar panels and would rather have too much than not enough?????
I also am concerned when the solar power is not being generated so figured more batteries charged up the better. I can afford the batteries and just want to do what I want when I want whether its running a power tool, the a/c, and rely on a generator otherwise????

Either more or bigger batteries are all your are missing. Or add shore power/generator to the mix. Right now you can probably use 2kw of power an hour with just the panels, and surge up to 6500w with the batteries for 20-30 minutes, but once the sun goes down you are stuck trying to stretch (edit) 4kw of power from sun down to sun up (12+ hours). So either more battery or grid/generator supplement.
K. so I'm planning on the below item for battery use. Get 2 more? There battle borns?

50 Ah 24V LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery

I'm looking at the Mr. Cool 12k for my small shop. It's going to eat 500w an hour though, so I don't have enough battery right now to get through the night (I have ~24v 250ah)
I think I'm lost again 24v 250ah - is that one battery or more than one put together. I think I been stuck on the battle born 24 volt 50 ah. So that brings to question - what damn battery do I really need, now I'm totally lost....stupid is as stupid does

Okay....so here goes......I will put 2200 watts of solar on the trailer, what all in one is suggested and what battery bank is suggested for maximum storage???????? All in One MPPT controller that is....I apologize in advance for wasting everyones time on stupid questions....

I think I'm lost again 24v 250ah - is that one battery or more than one put together. I think I been stuck on the battle born 24 volt 50 ah. So that brings to question - what damn battery do I really need, now I'm totally lost....stupid is as stupid does
I have 2 used BYD 24v battery packs in parallel pretty much the same as what you are doing. (just bigger batteries)

Lol... First of all none of your questions are stupid, and I have already confused myself in this thread a couple of times

Okay...trying to do my homework - if I get a

270Ah 12V LiFePO4 Deep Cycle GC3 Battery and put two together I'll have the 24 volt and could go with a 24 volt all in one?​

I think you are fine with the LV6548, I think you are fine with your panels, I think you need to do an energy audit to see how much power you will need, but I would go with x4 100ah 24v batteries which will give you 200ah at 48v which is probably 8kw of usable power. I would still seriously think about supplementing with a small generator.

Back