diy solar

diy solar

48v 100A Overkill BMS questions

Stiffmeister

Dismantling four 12v SHUNBIN Amazon LiFEPO4 batteries because two of the BMS's have burned up. This leaved me 32 large cells.

1. Should I use 16 cells per BMS or will running them 2p be ok?
2. The Overkill directions recommend 2 AWG for the positive lead. So is 2 gauge pos/neg is the max size I need? I ask because I have 4/0 cables that were originally sold me to by a company.
3. If I run two 100A BMS and create two battery banks, would that allow me to go over the 4.8kw limit BMS? I am powering a house and currently have 36 300w panels and a 7.2kw Outback inverter.

I plan on purchasing Temco TH005 and making all cables.

Dismantling four 12v SHUNBIN Amazon LiFEPO4 batteries because two of the BMS's have burned up. This leaved me 32 large cells.

1. Should I use 16 cells per BMS or will running them 2p be ok?

2P16S will limit you to 100A for the entire battery.

2. The Overkill directions recommend 2 AWG for the positive lead. So is 2 gauge pos/neg is the max size I need? I ask because I have 4/0 cables that were originally sold me to by a company.

You can always go bigger.

3. If I run two 100A BMS and create two battery banks, would that allow me to go over the 4.8kw limit BMS? I am powering a house and currently have 36 300w panels and a 7.2kw Outback inverter.

Yes. However, don't assume 200A.. maybe 180A. The batteries may not share the load perfectly equally, but they should be pretty close.

Two separate batteries also allows you some redundancy. If a cell grenades, it will be clear which one is the problem. If a cell grenades with another in parallel, you don't know which cell is the bad one, and the good one might get taken down by the bad one.

Back