diy solar

diy solar

48v battery bank questions

alejandrowa

Hello Everyone

I am planning on buying 8 of this batteries and connect them somehow to 48 volts and 48amps.

Can I connect the 8x battery with a 14s BMS and weld each cell in series? Or 1s8p ( 8 batteries) in parallel?

Thanks

Last edited:
i can increase the battery to 96 AH later in parallel? with the same bms?

Last edited:
14 series LiPo will give 58.8v at full charge to about 46v fully depleted.

eight 6 AH packs in parallel will give 48 AH if packs are matched fairly well.

Each 18560 cell is about 3 AH so there is already two cells in parallel in each pack. (14s2p)

The picture doesn't make sense for actually stated numbers. It has 56 cells, but at least from top side view shows there are eight cells bonded to common connection. That could not be 14s2p configuration no matter how bottom side is connected. Look more like a 8p7s.

Can I connect the batterie cells in parallel? Welding the main polarity terminals to the opposite polarity of the next battery?

When you connect in parallel you connect positive to positive and negative to negative. This keeps the voltage the same and adds up the amp-hours.

When you connect in series you connect positive to negative (or vice versa). This keeps the amp-hours the same and adds up the voltages.

Agreed.

Next question would be, every 48v module will act as a cell in parallel, no longer I work with the 14s bms or every module with a bms in parallel.

Since every module has nickel fuses it's safe to add them in parallel?

Thanks

The picture doesn't make sense for actually stated numbers. It has 56 cells, but at least from top side view shows there are eight cells bonded to common connection. That could not be 14s2p configuration no matter how bottom side is connected. Look more like a 8p7s.
Of the eight cells bonded to each common connection, four are connected to the + terminal and four are connected to the - terminal. It's a 4p array.

Hello Everyone

I am planning on buying 8 of this batteries and connect them somehow to 48 volts and 48amps.

Can I connect the 8x battery with a 14s BMS and weld each cell in series? Or 1s8p ( 8 batteries) in parallel?

Thanks
Hi Alejandrowa,

How is this build going? I am looking at these batteries too. Both as a potential 48v with several of these packs in parallel and splitting some up to make 10s and 5s packs that would power portable tools.

Regards,
T-486

Back