diy solar

diy solar

48V BDGR - NMC - 40AH - 1.95KWH "gen 2" Questions

Richard Lee

My order just came in, but I'm not sure if I have the 40Ah (gen 2) or the old 33Ah (gen 1) models.
There's a tiny sticker on the side of the units that says (2) next to the "QC-Pass" sticker. So maybe it was QC inspector #2 or it's a Generation 2 model. No paperwork.
BB Chat support told me they are no more Gen 1 units in stock, so mine are sure to be Gen 2 models. That seems to be my only clue.

Unpacking these was strange, because when you tilt the case to one side, you can feel and hear a large mass (like a loose battery) slide over, with a thud.
These packages were on a FedEx truck for 3,000+ miles to get to my home. I can not believe those loose batteries didn't take a beating!
But, when I flip the breaker, the LEDs 41.2 volts. So, maybe they will be okay..
Edit: After supper, I lifted one end of the pack up and felt (and heard) the battery slide to the back of the case, where it stopped with a Thud!
So, I just pushed the case forward (4 or 5 inches) and backwards sliding it on the rug, and battery was thud sliding into each end with a thud!
I'm starting to think these need to be opened up, inspected for damage and foam added to prevent thudding!
I'm kinda afraid to put any of these on the solar charger, and leave them unattended.

Maybe the foam spacers they used got compressed flat, after their 3000 mile road trip..

My question is, does anyone else have these new Gen 2 40Ah BDGR batteries?
Is yours got a heavy loose battery floating around inside?
Did they forget to put foam spacers in these things?

I will try to test these batteries this weekend if all goes well.
If I feel it will be productive, I'll contact BB.

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:
My order just came in, but I'm not sure if I have the 40Ah (gen 2) or the old 33Ah (gen 1) models.
There's a tiny sticker on the side of the units that says (2) next to the "QC-Pass" sticker. So maybe it was QC inspector #2 or it's a Generation 2 model. No paperwork.
BB Chat support told me they are no more Gen 1 units in stock, so mine are sure to be Gen 2 models. That seems to be my only clue.

Unpacking these was strange, because when you tilt the case to one side, you can feel and hear a large mass (like a loose battery) slide over, with a thud.
These packages were on a FedEx truck for 3,000+ miles to get to my home. I can not believe those loose batteries didn't take a beating!
But, when I flip the breaker, the LEDs 41.2 volts. So, maybe they will be okay..
Edit: After supper, I lifted one end of the pack up and felt (and heard) the battery slide to the back of the case, where it stopped with a Thud!
So, I just pushed the case forward (4 or 5 inches) and backwards sliding it on the rug, and battery was thud sliding into each end with a thud!
I'm starting to think these need to be opened up, inspected for damage and foam added to prevent thudding!
I'm kinda afraid to put any of these on the solar charger, and leave them unattended.

Maybe the foam spacers they used got compressed flat, after their 3000 mile road trip..

My question is, does anyone else have these new Gen 2 40Ah BDGR batteries?
Is yours got a heavy loose battery floating around inside?
Did they forget to put foam spacers in these things?

I will try to test these batteries this weekend if all goes well.
If I feel it will be productive, I'll contact BB.

Thanks,
Rich
Hey Rich,
any update on how this battery has performed since your original post?

Any thoughts on the feasibility of a parallel array of 2 or 4 of them?

LOL, I just posted on the other thread. I was thinking about buying one more, so I could have a set of 4, but my battery bank cart isn't wide enough.
I'm working on getting prepared for a grid failure, with the gear that I have now. Just need a 12V 100ah for my diesel heater.

LOL, I just posted on the other thread. I was thinking about buying one more, so I could have a set of 4, but my battery bank cart isn't wide enough.
I'm working on getting prepared for a grid failure, with the gear that I have now. Just need a 12V 100ah for my diesel heater.
Saw you post over there. Many thanks. Cheers.

Back