diy solar

diy solar

48v purchase question.

lj1064

Ok, new to solar and really only have a 2 dimensional understanding. I am doing a off grid shed to run my home brew equipment, which consists of a chest freezer used for fermentation so never below 40 deg., and a brew unit that uses 1600v for about 2hours (to boil the beer) , charge my cordless power tools, lights, pellet grill and if all goes ok and much later with upgrades a 110v hot tub (not sure on the hot tub). My initial budget is $2200. I have a LV5048 I got used off of the forum. He said it was over kill but I went ahead with it. So my question is I keep thinking big battery‘s 48v 1.6wh Li-ion Power Pack $549 would be the safest route. But saw this 100ah on Ali express and wanted some feedback on this. Thought it would be easier to expand capacity. There is a local source for used panels which will be my next decision.

thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

With a $2200 budget, the hot tub is a non-starter.

I assume 1600v means 1600W?

Use link #5 in my signature to determine the available solar for your location, panel orientation and tilt.
Use link #1 in my signature to conduct an energy audit. You need to characterize EXACTLY how many Wh you can use per day.

Once you have the above two, you can easily design a system that meets your needs.

If there are any items for which you are not confident of their power consumption to a high degree of accuracy, the first $35 of your budget should go to a kill-a-watt meter, so you can establish the 24 hour energy usage of each 120VAC item you intend to power.

Welcome to the forum.

With a $2200 budget, the hot tub is a non-starter.

I assume 1600v means 1600W?

Use link #5 in my signature to determine the available solar for your location, panel orientation and tilt.
Use link #1 in my signature to conduct an energy audit. You need to characterize EXACTLY how many Wh you can use per day.

Once you have the above two, you can easily design a system that meets your needs.

If there are any items for which you are not confident of their power consumption to a high degree of accuracy, the first $35 of your budget should go to a kill-a-watt meter, so you can establish the 24 hour energy usage of each 120VAC item you intend to power.
Thanks for response, yes the hot tub is for later expansion. My main question is what battery option to use, the big battery pre built or the aliexpress diy cells? to expand by battery storage do I always have to add in 48v or can I add say in 12v packs? The links in your signature will be helpful. I do have a couple of off brand kill-a-watt meters to help with how much my home brew heater. Thanks.

Back