diy solar

diy solar

48V Server rack battery price comparison.

I don't find inverter compatibility (or lack of it) a problem.

Of course not ... because you are not a beginner :)

Seen some installs (off-grid house) where user bought the extra expensive Pylontech battery, only because inverter can communicate with it.
And so when a pump starts and V falls ... the inverter does not think SoC dropped 20-30% and starts bulk charging (the already full) battery with everything it has. Optimizes charging.
So to leave a battery with 5-6 parallel pack unattended ... it is a good tool.
For the extra feature people with pleasure pay a little more.

Currently in the market for batteries. In the listing of affordable server rack batteries, I think it is important to note if they have a US warehouse, or rep who can ship/service the batteries.

I had assumed the GSM battery you linked to was a US-based vendor but looks like these are shipping from China.

So until they get some US stock available, not really an apples-to-apples comparison against outfits like Signatire Solar or SOL…

$0.19/kWh is great but is the Nruit battery being stocked in US or shipping by the unit from China? (through Amy or however?)

if this is the same battery, I asked about it and shipping was $1800

Oh, that thread - does Eitai China = ‘Amy’??

You are not compairing like for like. The SS battery does not have a display where as the others do.
To be fair you should amend the first post to correct this.
There might be warrante and capacity issues to clarify too.

Amy is my colleague , my name is Dozi
Thanks Dozi.

Have you shipped any Nruit batteries to US-based customers yet?

I know logistics and shipping is still a problem, but can you or Amy provide any estimate of current shipping costs for one of the 9kWh batteries to California?

You can send me a Personal Message if you would prefer but I am getting ready to place an order for a 9kWh battery and would appreciate an estimate of current shipping costs the US (California).

I ordered a big Lanni 48V battery (300Ah) for about $250/kWh with the Bluetooth BMS upgrade. I'm hoping it's decent quality.

Fixing to pull the trigger. What is the care and feeding of one of these server rack batteries if they might be sitting unused for a couple weeks while the system is being completed?

Fixing to pull the trigger. What is the care and feeding of one of these server rack batteries if they might be sitting unused for a couple weeks while the system is being completed?
Just make sure you smile at the battery any time you throw a glance it’s way ;).

Just make sure you smile at the battery any time you throw a glance it’s way ;)

That's it? No charging, or cycling, or anything?
Don’t store it near full or near empty (33% to 67% is a god target) and if it’s going to be stored for more than 6-9 months, charging back to target level would be advised.

I don't find inverter compatibility (or lack of it) a problem.
I also was wondering about this. What is the point of advertising CAN bus and RS-485 if there is zero documentation/info on compatibility with inverters? Would be big advantage if it could be connected to the Victron BMS CAN bus.

Also of note the Trophy ones have built-in heating which I don't see mentioned in any of the others. Most of the others also do explicitly state compatibility with Growatt, Victron, etc bus..

Partially in thanks to this thread, I have a pair of the eg4 on the way.
In regards to communication between a Growatt spf6000dvm and eg4; is there a premade communication cable or is it an easy diy? If diy, where can I find detailed instructions on building the cable?
Same thing for the communication cable between batteries. When asked, SigSolar says the communication cable between batteries is not included unless you buy six batteries and didn't answer what kind of cable or where it could be purchased.
Getting excited. Hopefully this system will be up and running in a couple months.

That's the issue I am seeing is there is a large black hole when it comes to the communication ports on all these server rack batteries that appear to be using same BMS. Whomever makes the BMS seems to be keeping this info hard to get and/or not available. I tried asking person at Trophy battery if it is compatible with Victron CAN bus system and they had no idea. At least one of them server rack brands provides some windows software but no documentation on the protocol. I wish Will would call this out on his video since all of them advertise these ports as a feature but then provide little to no support for how you can actually use it..

Shot another email off to SigSolar.

If anyone else has a question about cabling between a Growatt spf6000dvm and EG4 LiFePOWER4, and between EG4 batteries, this is SigSolar's answer; " ... The cables that go between batteries and from the growatt to the battery and from battery to battery are just standard CAT 5 ethernet cables ... ".

if this is the same battery, I asked about it and shipping was $1800
exactly,,, if shipping is not included... then you do not have anywhere near what the real cost per Wh or KWh is. so then just comparing apples to pineapples!
I tried to order a shipping container full of solar panels... the price is great until you add the shipping price into the equation...
ask lots of questions, do the research....

hopefully, you find a good-hearted person to send you the correct answers.?

exactly,,, if shipping is not included... then you do not have anywhere near what the real cost per Wh or KWh is. so then just comparing apples to pineapples!
I tried to order a shipping container full of solar panels... the price is great until you add the shipping price into the equation...
ask lots of questions, do the research....

hopefully, you find a good-hearted person to send you the correct answers.?
Wow, that’s a lot of panels (600-682 I believe).

Are you building your own solar farm or were you planning on reselling most of them?

I’m interested in which panels you were looking into purchasing and if you ever reactivate your initiative (perhaps after supply chain issues are behind us and shipping rates come back down out if the stratosphere), I could be interested in buying some of your imported panels if you have any for sale (please send me a PM).

Back