diy solar

diy solar

48v Victron Lifepo4 build

I ended up going with the 4048 from Schneider and ordered via the link and discount provided above (Thanks!). I *really* wanted to go with Victron and had figured out the wiring, etc. However, the Schneider 4048 will be a cleaner install due to not needing a separate autotransformer and based on everything I've read is a just solid workhorse of an inverter.

A bit of info for anyone who comes across this thread in the future:

I did end up calling Schneider and after about an hour I was able to talk to someone that knows their solar products well. I was told that while they are still selling the ComBox for the moment, it's basically been discontinued and not recommended for new installs. The new InsightHome and InsightFacility are launching in February and will be more comparable replacements than the expensive Conext Gateway.

Since my batteries won't be here for 45-60 days, I figure I'll just wait and see how the InsightHome device is priced and if it's too expensive I'll just grab a cheap(er) ComBox.
How did this work for you? My sw4048 did not work with my combox

How did this work for you? My sw4048 did not work with my combox

Why not ?

Here is an account of how I screwed up, and fixed, mine :

You may have a different problem but folks here are likely to be able to heip.

New to this thread ...

I have Insight talking to XW6848 Pro with their XanBus cat6 connection.

Have any users here found tech specs on the XanBus. i.e. wiring protocols ?

I understand that XanBus channels power supply from the XW6848 to the Insight thru the XanBus.

What pins ?

I want to be able to force an Insight reboot when it becomes non-responsive. Killing power source is the key that I need to acheive.

Back