diy solar

diy solar

4s BMS's that support series?

42OhmsPA

What's in a title?
Is anyone aware of 4s JBD's that support series connections?

Tldr - will this or any other JBD's support series connection? (I know the description states series but I'd like real world confirmation)
US $30.93 29%OFF | JBD BMS 4S 12V For Lifepo4 Battery 50A 60A 80A 100A 120A With Drop Protection Optional Heating and Series Connection Lifepo4 BMS

I ordered 2 12v 100ah sok from the savings shack with the initial plan to salvage the cells and make one 8s pack for an old system. I'm now thinking it would be a lot more useful to keep the 2 12v packs and use a BMS that supports series. When I don't need the 24v system I could use the 12v for a tank sprayer pump, diesel heater, etc.

Thanks.

Well after way to long searching I have came to the conclusion that JBD 4s can be ran in series up to 24v. I suppose I'll be a guinea pig.

the 150A can do 4s, but the 200A can not, unless you order the special version:

Thank you @Alkaline.
Now I'm realizing there are 2 JBD storefronts on Ali...

For any others, I'm told this supports series up to 4s /48v. Waiting on reply on others.
US $53.57 4%OFF | JBD Smart BMS 3S 12V Li-ion Bms 4S LifePo4 100A 150A Support Series Connection Same Port Balance Built in BT Uart Heat Function

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301-222239.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301-222239.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 4
Searching for JBD on ali is a huge PIA so many sellers all saying they are official store LOL :LOL:...

Hopefully you find the right one.

This is what I bought (X2) to make two 12v 100ah be series connectable for 24v (trolling motor)

Irony is, I bought a 12v trolling motor in the end, but the BMS seem really good so far! ( I upgraded from another smaller not so good JBD BMS, so was an easy swop over!)

Attachments

• 20230301_114102.jpg
    20230301_114102.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4
Searching for JBD on ali is a huge PIA so many sellers all saying they are official store LOL :LOL:...

Hopefully you find the right one.
I can confirm this one is the correct store front if you want a JBD BMS.

I've ordered from them multiple times, and they will customize if you place a large enough order. Very prompt shipping as well.

I can confirm this works well up to (and including) 4 in series.

Look for this in the specifications:
Application: 80V withstand voltage

Ordered two of these, will report back after snail mail arrival.
US $41.62 28%OFF | "Built-in BT" JBD 4S Smart BMS 100A 150A Support Connected in Series Common Port Balance Board 12V For Car Starting Power
These delivered yesterday, fast snail.
Now I'm considering aborting the top balance so I can get the packs back together and confirm they work in series.

Link to storefront I ordered from.

These delivered yesterday, fast snail.
Now I'm considering aborting the top balance so I can get the packs back together and confirm they work in series.

Link to storefront I ordered from.

I can confirm these work fine in series:

I can confirm (through talking to their Alibaba support, if you order less than 5) that this is their actual storefront on AliExpress:

This DOES NOT support series:

Note that you can order the same model above from their Alibaba store built to be used in series, however you must order 5 or more.
I'm sure that the ones that say "80V" will support in series up to 48v systems.

Last edited:
Back